Let's Make Sure There's a One Pocket Hall of Fame Dinner This Year @ DCC!!

Chicagoplayer

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Due to a breakdown of communications last year,
Steve Booth was unable to arrange The 1P HOF Dinner at The Derby City Classic.

We would all like to see this come to fruition this year-

Can we all start reaching out to him NOW on OnePocket.Org and FB and see if he needs any help?! :thumbup:

1pocket

Steve Booth
Gold Member
Silver Member
There is not going to be one this coming DCC, but we are planning to bring it back January 2018, which will also be the 20th Derby City Classic. That gives us about 15 months to get it together.

Thank you Angel for your enthusiasm.

1pocket is Steve Booth :D

know it all

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hall of fame one pocket

What the hell,az is gone to hell now derby city is following right behind. shit always happens to pool players.Grady dies and now shit starts.the tradition still is there for screwing pool players.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What the hell,az is gone to hell now derby city is following right behind. shit always happens to pool players.Grady dies and now shit starts.the tradition still is there for screwing pool players.

Dwight-Schrute-Shakes-Head-and-Rolls-Eyes.gif

1pocket

Steve Booth
Gold Member
Silver Member

I don't know what you are talking about. Nobody is screwing anybody. I get full cooperation from the Derby City Classic. The reason there is no HOF dinner these two years is simply the losses of Grady and Freddy and what it is going to take to overcome that. They were not just the faces of the One Pocket HOF (with me seen as the guy in the background), they also played a strong role all year long in laying groundwork.

1pocket

Steve Booth
Gold Member
Silver Member
Steve runs a good show at 1pocket.org ..... and the members are solid people. Great forum for education, facts and fun.

Thank you -- it is a good group of people. It's amazing how the tenor of a forum can improve by removing only a couple of sh** stirrers.

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you -- it is a good group of people. It's amazing how the tenor of a forum can improve by removing only a couple of sh** stirrers.

Steve, Why do I feel your remark may have been directed at me? :embarrassed2:....I would like to know what you feel has actually "improved"?..You banned me for defending myself against the most despised member of your forum, Mr3cushion! ..Since then, the very popular HOF dinner, has since been absent, due (in your words) to lack of funding!..I'm surely not implying, I was in any way, a catylist for that eventuality!..But I am saying not everyone agreed with your questionable method of handling my abrupt removal !

I know you work very hard at maintaining the site, but I feel that you sometimes became over-protective of people who didn't, in any way, deserve it! (again Mr3C)..Freddy and I's 'personality clash', was a whole separate issue, until they decided to join forces against me!..You chose to defend them, in making your decision to ban me!..I have never felt that was fair, nor did my many supporters, some of whom are/were, your most respected members! :(

PS..Nonetheless, I will say I enjoyed most of my 8 yrs. on 1P.org, and hope things get back on track for you in 2018!

Last edited:

Cory in DC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Steve, Why do I feel your remark may have been directed at me? :embarrassed2:....I would like to know what you feel has actually "improved"?..You banned me for defending myself against the most despised member of your forum, Mr3cushion! ..Since then, the very popular HOF dinner, has since been absent, due (in your words) to lack of funding!..I'm surely not implying, I was in any way, a catylist for that eventuality!..But I am saying not everyone agreed with your questionable method of handling my abrupt removal !

I know you work very hard at maintaining the site, but I feel that you sometimes became over-protective of people who didn't, in any way, deserve it! (again Mr3C)..Freddy and I's 'personality clash', was a whole separate issue, until they decided to join forces against me!..You chose to defend them, in making your decision to ban me!..I have never felt that was fair, nor did my many supporters, some of whom are/were, your most respected members! :(

PS..Nonetheless, I will say I enjoyed most of my 8 yrs. on 1P.org, and hope things get back on track for you in 2018!

Steve runs a great site and nothing is off track for him that I can tell. In fact, he's fresh off co-organizing a great one pocket tournament in New Orleans.

You were annoying and basically never actually posted about 1 pocket in your time at 1P.org. Mr. 3C was annoying and occasionally posted about 1 pocket. It's much more enjoyable over there without you both.

Cory

know it all

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One pocket dinner hall of fame.

I know Freddy died and grady died,but how many yrs after does it take for these players to get their honor and glory that they deserve? 3years.is along time sounds like someone dropped the ball. You mean Hopkins or Billy cardone or Greg sullivan ,Hopkins expo,billy in the booth to talk it up and the inventer of derby city Greg sullivan.i find it hard to believe.in 3 yrs nothing.guess it's all about me me me and money.excuses are like assholes and everyone has one. it's all bullshit and will never change.why because no has the balls to step up and do it. DO It don't talk about it.

1pocket

Steve Booth
Gold Member
Silver Member
I know Freddy died and grady died,but how many yrs after does it take for these players to get their honor and glory that they deserve? 3years.is along time sounds like someone dropped the ball. You mean Hopkins or Billy cardone or Greg sullivan ,Hopkins expo,billy in the booth to talk it up and the inventer of derby city Greg sullivan.i find it hard to believe.in 3 yrs nothing.guess it's all about me me me and money.excuses are like assholes and everyone has one. it's all bullshit and will never change.why because no has the balls to step up and do it. DO It don't talk about it.
So, I take it I can count on your support when the dinner returns. That's good to know.

In the meantime, I think if you look at the list of inductees we have had over the years, you will see that we have the older generation of players well represented. In fact we have started moving into the younger generation of players already. But as for the younger ones, personally I have no problem letting them wait a little. Because One Pocket players stay competitive to an older age than say, 9-ball or 10-ball players, it makes sense to wait longer, because most of our best candidates right now are still competing near the top of their games.

http://www.onepocket.org/fame.htm

Chicagoplayer

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Aww Fella's-

T.O.

While it pains me to see beef like this- and since I personally know 4 of 6 you involved in this verbal tussle,
lemme make ya laugh a little.

I'm a girl. I'm easy on the eyes.
Most of you like watching me go just as much as you like seeing me come :p
I run around with a bunch of stick carrying, maniacal geniuses who have the ability to read a situation and a person in a few short sets at most any table set before them.
We challenge ourselves all night and all day and we all love a good fight.

Freddy would dig on me with the best of 'em or worse, dismiss me altogether with
"She don't know, she a libby"
But he knew my buttons when I was young and would push.
Until I one day realized I could simply remove the button.
But he would say what I interpreted as crude things even about those he loved, he couldn't help it.
He called all his friends "Hoodrats and Hucksters."
Me? I was a "pool-nut" or a "crazy chick."
But we always had our pool bond in spite of our many, many, many personal differences and opinions.
We were among the last people to hear "Bugs" speak before they intubated him, a move that had us all bawling on the drive home.
We went together to see Jet, Freddy's protege, on his deathbed and
I heard a black man call a white man "Master" with pure love in heart
cause that's all they really had.
And when Freddy's time came, those of who were there, were really there.

Guys, what I'm saying is screw your differences and your ego for a sec,
just one,
and give each other that one second of consideration.
That one second will flavor all your hours.

T.O. over-Game on!

Last edited:

fasteddief

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
T.O.

While it pains me to see beef like this- and since I personally know 4 of 6 you involved in this verbal tussle,
lemme make ya laugh a little.

I'm a girl. I'm easy on the eyes.
Most of you like watching me go just as much as you like seeing me come :p
I run around with a bunch of stick carrying, maniacal geniuses who have the ability to read a situation and a person in a few short sets at most any table set before them.
We challenge ourselves all night and all day and we all love a good fight.

Freddy would dig on me with the best of 'em or worse, dismiss me altogether with
"She don't know, she a libby"
But he knew my buttons when I was young and would push.
Until I one day realized I could simply remove the button.
But he would say what I interpreted as crude things even about those he loved, he couldn't help it.
He called all his friends "Hoodrats and Hucksters."
Me? I was a "pool-nut" or a "crazy chick."
But we always had our pool bond in spite of our many, many, many personal differences and opinions.
We were among the last people to hear "Bugs" speak before they intubated him, a move that had us all bawling on the drive home.
We went together to see Jet, Freddy's protege, on his deathbed and
I heard a black man call a white man "Master" with pure love in heart
cause that's all they really had.
And when Freddy's time came, those of who were there, were really there.

Guys, what I'm saying is screw your differences and your ego for a sec,
just one,
and give each other that one second of consideration.
That one second will flavor all your hours.

T.O. over-Game on!
Well said beautiful lady.C U @ D.C.C. FastEddieF.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I am Sparticus.

SJD, I got whacked too, about a year ago. Nothing fair about it but it's his site. At the time, Steve told me that I could post but he'd have to approve each post... I told him to go pound sand :) I'm proud of and satisfied with that decision. He's lost a few other good members in recent times, for a variety of reasons. But the remaining membership still has a good time over there, sitting in a circle and asking each other over and over, "What would you do?" (I kid, I kid.)

Back on topic, it is a shame that the 1pocket HOF dinner has fallen through the cravity. I mean three years, really. There are plenty of deserving guys that could be nominated and inducted. And having personally organized more dinners for 200-300 people -- complete with invitations, seating charts, elaborate menus, a program, entertainment, and such -- than I can count, it ain't that tough. But once again, it's his site.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Steve runs a great site and nothing is off track for him that I can tell. In fact, he's fresh off co-organizing a great one pocket tournament in New Orleans.

You were annoying and basically never actually posted about 1 pocket in your time at 1P.org. Mr. 3C was annoying and occasionally posted about 1 pocket. It's much more enjoyable over there without you both.

Cory

I don't pay that much attention to what's going on over there anymore but it appeared to me that it was Disco and a couple of other guys that did the heavy lifting for that event. Just like JH is organizing the Super Seniors thing.

And while SJD might not be your cup of tea, he's a HOFer voted in by the membership on that site, so I'd say that he was more than a welcomed presence over there, by a lot of us.

Lou Figueroa