What top cue makers do all their own work?

Franky4Eyes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why would full splice work be an exception?
I'd think the bar should start there personally,
but I know that's not reality.
There are several cue makers here in the Los Angeles area alone that do their own work besides full splice conversions.
One of my newer favorites being Eddie Cohen.
You want an awesome full splice- hit up Shelby Williams in Texas.
Not only can he build the blank but can finish it for you as well.

Last edited:

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
I have no idea, but I can tell you this, if hes a "TOP" guy, he should be doing everything from start to finish. most cue makers buy forearms and butt sleeves and put it together im guessing, but theres also small cue makers who sell locally who do all their own work. I just came back from the poolhall and shot with a Michael morgan shaft, it was almost brown, it was a maple shaft but he treated it differently and also with sound or some shit, excellent playing shaft, it was even front light with a short ferrule for LD properties. sometimes you find gems.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've dealt with several custom cue makers that lied at every turn.

Most of ^^^^^^^ custom guys are VERY well known and a couple are among the HIGHER end makers that sell cues for well over 5k...

Price means absolutely nothing.......a con is a con and some have been on the long con for a looonnngggg time....and still at it.

Custom cue guys are like a husband or wife.....when you find a good one.....you better stick with them and never give them a reason to not serve your needs.

Jeff

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I do everything myself, exept making joint pins and bumpers. My wife does all the tax and accounting.

wayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is a long video from TAR with Ernie of Gina cues from 2012. He makes all of his own cues (he had a helper years ago but that didn't work out) and invented a lot of the machines he uses to get perfect results.
In the last part of the video he shows the section of his shop that is devoted to motorcycles. He has invented parts and built frames for many motorcycles. He sold a racing part he invented to one of the largest motorcycle makers. True genius.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpl9ANYjjWE