Enough with the Indians and arrows.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
It's not original, it's not clever, it's obvious, it's hackneyed (look it up) and at best it's stereotyping.........maybe worse.

If you want to express that skill is more important than a cue, just say that or at least come up with something original.

RussPrince

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's not original, it's not clever, it's obvious, it's hackneyed (look it up) and at best it's stereotyping.........maybe worse.

If you want to express that skill is more important than a cue, just say that or at least come up with something original.

no clue what you're talking about... :shrug:

conetip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really like that saying.
Because a good person behind the bow , will only use the very best arrows he can, and will go to extreme lengths to get those arrows, and look after them.

But sadly , most do not understand the saying.

oldschool2791

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree with the arrow and I indian thing over all bu t there is a reason why our military is always trying to stay ahead of the curve. Better weapon equals better results but whats better to you will depend on many factors . Besides being able to jump easier with a certain stick or hit with a little more power on the break and lower deflection with a low deflection shaft . But to do those things it takes a more knowledgeable indian . But if 2 individuals are equal it can come down to the arrow. ......if you try to be competitive you try to stack the deck in your favor as much as possible is the bottom. Line . At least I do :wink:

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree with the arrow and I indian thing over all bu t there is a reason why our military is always trying to stay ahead of the curve. Better weapon equals better results but whats better to you will depend on many factors . Besides being able to jump easier with a certain stick or hit with a little more power on the break and lower deflection with a low deflection shaft . But to do those things it takes a more knowledgeable indian . But if 2 individuals are equal it can come down to the arrow. ......if you try to be competitive you try to stack the deck in your favor as much as possible is the bottom. Line . At least I do :wink:

Ya I mean really...if one indian has a so-so arrow, and the other indians arrow is a F18 fighter jet...my money is on the 2nd indian. Extreme examples reveal the absurdity of certain statements.

When comparing products objectively, it is really just a distraction to say "who cares about the differences...its all about who is using them".

Funny but true post. I hear ya!

KMRUNOUT<--------likes logic

batalarms

Ebony Hoppe Fanatic
Of course it is cliche,but very true to a degree.All things being equal,the better equipped participant should come out ahead.I stress the word should.It's not always a guarantee.Notice how I hedged my bet there?
Marc

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Take your pc bs and go home...

Forget that political correct bs...

I'll say whatever the hell I want... especially considering I'm more native American than anything...

Jaden

Bishop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's a nice chunk of members in the NPR trying to justify the use of the "N" word. You have no chance of getting them off Indians and Arrows. Good luck.

Catamount

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The saying is often accompanied by a story about some guy who beats all comers with a broom handle or walking stick. That, of course, proves nothing, other than the guy is a great player. How do you know he wouldn't play even better with a nice custom cue?

It's obvious that changing cues won't increase your skills. A better cue CAN make the most of whatever skills you already have.

Last edited:

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member

It's not the ****K (sounds like dick) it's how you use it. How's that, better? JT

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Forget that political correct bs...

I'll say whatever the hell I want... especially considering I'm more native American than anything...

Jaden

Completely not my point. Of course you can say whateverthehell you want.

And it is absolutely not about the validity of the saying.

I'm just suggesting that if people could come up with something slightly less stale, it might not seem so much like 1962 to new players who stumble upon the site for the first time.

Last edited:

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What....next your going to say its a racial comment?
I got a better one. How about stopping the whining about a perfectly good metaphor? There, I used a big word too.

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If everyone were honest, I think the majority would say, they played some of their best pool, with a lovingly cared for, house cue.

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got a better one. How about stopping the whining about a perfectly good metaphor? There, I used a big word too.

I don't think it is a metaphor, but I will defer to the english majors in the audience for a ruling.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If this upset you that much that you needed to waste space and start a thread over it you need to either give az a break for a while or get therapy.

I just reread it .. I missed the stereo typing hahahah oh I see your an ass hurt political correct liberal .. now your post makes perfect sense. carry on...

Last edited:

Banks

Banned

What about people comparing a simple piece of wood with a little leather on the end to things such as high performance cars and other things? That's the one I wish people would stop with.

Slider

S.F. Bay Area
Silver Member

Even worse is when I'm at the archery range and overhear an old-timer telling a newbie equipment geek, "It's not the cue, it's the shooter."

Ken

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk