pool gloves

brigeton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What brand of glove do you like?
I use a glove because my hands sweat a lot especially in the summer and get sticky.
I started playing again last year and started with a couple of $5 gloves from WalMart. they didn't last long.
Then I bought a couple Sureshot gloves that were about $10. I buy them 2 at a time to use 1 at home and leave the other in my case for when I go out to play.
They are a little better but the first one had the stitching pull out on the index finger. My wife restitched it but now the stitching is coming apart just down from where it was repaired. They also wore a hole at he heel of my hand cause I tend to slide my hand across the felt a little when I'm setting up.
I just bought a Universe from Seyberts that was $25. That seems a little pricey to me but it looks to be a little better quality. My wife looked at it and said it is double stitched so the stitching shouldn't pull out. It also has an extra layer of material on the heel so it won't wear through as quickly. I guess time will tell if it's worth the extra money.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
https://www.pooldawg.com/pool-cue-a...ards-gloves/pooldawg-pool-and-billiards-glove

If you don't have especially large hands and you don't care that your fingers must stick out and feel the cloth, this is a well made glove and they last a long time. Buy a couple. You'll be glad you did.

I started buying these gloves 10 years ago. Been using them every since. When they went on sale for $5.00 apiece, I ordered five more. Those last five I ordered fit tighter than any of that brand that I had previously ordered, so I gave them to my wife. I have semi-big hands and long fingers.

FWIW, I still have four or five of those gloves that I bought years ago and don't really think I'll ever need to buy any more since my age is going to catch up to me before my gloves wear out.

Good luck in your search.

Maniac

brigeton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks guys. I wear x-large in regular keep your hands warm gloves but buy pool gloves in large to make sure they're not loose. They're pretty stretchy anyway.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I use to buy Gloves from Sterling Gaming to resell, my buddy who was in the Garment Inductry all his life, said good quality. Never use a glove, but Joe knows fabric, and construction, so I took his word.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
I use to buy Gloves from Sterling Gaming to resell, my buddy who was in the Garment Inductry all his life, said good quality. Never use a glove, but Joe knows fabric, and construction, so I took his word.

That's what I like about the PoolDawg gloves. The material is not thin, it is thick and slick, something akin to a pair of Spandex leotards. The sewing on none of my gloves has ever failed.

They're a damn good bargain for $5.00 apiece. I just don't know if these newer ones will fit a larger than average hand, but for a five-spot, I'd darn sure try one out if I were the OP.

Maniac

localredhead

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm a big fan of the black/yellow tiger gloves. Not because of the color though. They are just made really well.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
My Molinari glove ripped apart at the seam near the wrist side of the palm patch last night. It was perhaps three months old, single stitched and IMO pretty low quality for the price. So I just ordered a Longoni from Ozone and will see what that is like.. Link below......

https://www.ozonebilliards.com/product/longoni-billiard-glove-black-fire-2-0-left-hand-large

Just my opinion, that's still too much money to spend on one, single pool glove. I like the previous poster's (just above yours) option better. That's six gloves for half of what you're paying for one.

Maniac

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Has anyone tried, or used the Sir Joseph brand?

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
Has anyone tried, or used the Sir Joseph brand?

I have and don't prefer them. The material is thin, the stitching comes apart easily., and holes start forming at the stress points sooner than I'd like.

Maniac

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have and don't prefer them. The material is thin, the stitching comes apart easily., and holes start forming at the stress points sooner than I'd like.

Maniac

Well "$h!t." I wish I would known that before I bought one. :eek: Thank you for the information. I will look at other alternatives. :)
Joe P

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
Well "$h!t." I wish I would known that before I bought one. :eek: Thank you for the information. I will look at other alternatives. :)
Joe P

Sorry I was late posting. If you don't have large hands you should give these a try: https://www.pooldawg.com/pool-cue-a...ards-gloves/pooldawg-pool-and-billiards-glove

I bought about eight or ten of them fifteen years ago and still have several in new condition. They last a while, and at $5 apiece, you can't go wrong here.

Edit to add: I just looked at the reviews and most of the three-star reviews said their glove fit a little loose so....I dunno. The five I bought for my wife fit her hand perfectly and was a bit tight on my hand (I have large hands). But....for $5 why not give one a try?

Maniac

Last edited: