Places to play in Vancouver, BC?

cuetrip

Rob Hardman Cues
Silver Member
Anyone know of some good places in the Vancouver area? Or better yet in Richmond?
Not necessarilly looking for action, just a pleasant place with good tables that doesn't get too loud or "clubby" after 8 pm.
Thanks,
Rob

rackmsuckr

Linda Carter - The QUEEN!
Silver Member
cuetrip said:
Anyone know of some good places in the Vancouver area? Or better yet in Richmond?
Not necessarilly looking for action, just a pleasant place with good tables that doesn't get too loud or "clubby" after 8 pm.
Thanks,
Rob

Oscar's in Richmond. Mike Vidas just recommended it...I don't know about it.

sph3ric pyramid

Registered
I usually play at Q1 billiards on No. 3 road in Richmond. There are maybe three other places with tables within a few blocks of each other, one has almost all snooker tables, one is an arcade/pool place, and one more called 'Snooker City' which I assume has mostly snooker tables. I just heard about Oscar's a couple days ago, not sure where it is.

The music is crazy annoying though (R&B/bad rap/Chinese pop music) and it's mostly young Chinese kids in there. Location is convenient for me because I live a few bus stops away; if you have a car, then you have more options.

In Vancouver, there's the Commodore downtown on Granville, but it's crowded, regular tables are pretty bad, and noisy (bowling next to the tables).

I just moved here a few months ago, so there's probably a lot going on I don't know about.

Last edited:

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
Vancouver: Guys & Dolls
Guys & Dolls Billiards - 604-879-4433
2434 Main Street, Vancouver, BC V5T 3E2

Richmond: Oscars
Oscar Billiards - 604-241-9998
100-10811 No. 4 Road, Richmond, BC V7A 2Z5

Burnaby: Cue Club (New)
Cue Club The - 604-435-1413
3787 Canada Way Lwr, Burnaby, BC V5G 1G5

The rest are two far away or not worth going to. Send me a PM and I'll go hit some with ya.

Nick

ajrack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
internet

type in 'yellow pages .ca" (for canada) and then type in Vancouver...lotsa places

cuetrip

Rob Hardman Cues
Silver Member
Thanks all, very helpful. I'll check out Oscar's and Q1 billiards. The girlfriend lives in Richmond so I'm up there a couple times a month.

cuetrip

Rob Hardman Cues
Silver Member
cuetrip said:
Thanks all, very helpful. I'll check out Oscar's and Q1 billiards. The girlfriend lives in Richmond so I'm up there a couple times a month.

Hey all. I took the girlfriend to Oscars on Monday afternoon this week and was quite impressed. Good Duffrin tables, clean, and CHEAP! $4/hour before 6 pm and $6/hour after! I was VERY pleasantly surprised. The hip-hop music was a little annoying but maybe I'm just too old. Only other drawback was no alcohol, but from what I hear, it's tough to get a liquor license up there.
Thanks again everyone!
-Rob

sph3ric pyramid

Registered
I still need to check out Oscar's sometime. Do they serve food?

On a side note, went to Guys & Dolls (Main & Broadway) last weekend, and loved it. Gold Crowns, two Valley barboxes, a couple snooker tables. There was one Gold Crown (?) with drop pockets, no diamonds on the rails, and super slow cloth, no idea what it was for. They have a closed off smoking area with a big window to see into the room, and there's also a cafe-type area at the front.

Adanac67

Predator=Awesome
Silver Member
Guys and Dolls has a handicapped 9 ball tournament every Tuesday at 7 and Sunday at 1:30 I believe.

The Cue Club has the nicest snooker tables in the whole Lower Mainland. I go there about every other Sunday.

Bankshots in Surrey has a liquor licence and is the best 8 ball hall in BC if not Western Canada. They are well known for their hospitality.

I know a few other places but they aren't worth mentioning.

Unknown

just another banger
Silver Member
I played in guys and dolls a few weeks ago and I loved it, I plan on giving the tuesday tournaments a shot when I can afford a decent playing cue.

issycue

can't get enough
Silver Member
cuetrip said:
Thanks,
Rob

Rob... thanks for the threads! I was just asking around about Vancouver... and voila, there's your post! Next time I see you I'll chat you up a bit more. Meantime, if anyone else can add to this list, I'd appreciate it...