Forum name.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
My name is the small community I live in but is slightly misspelled. I did that accidentally when signing up for another forum years ago. I use the same name on all of the forums I belong too.

Which town in MI?

Guessing not Bridgeman but spell check is a mfer

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Mine is inspired by the movie Pump Up the Volume with Christian Slater.

In the movie, he rented a mail box under the fake name Charles U Farley to throw off the authorities.

Chuck U Farley or F**k you Charlie. Thought it was funny. I enjoyed the movie as well. I wouldn't say it's in my top 10 or anything, but it was pretty good.

Much better than Hugh Janus or Mike Hunt.....

Will Prout

Ssonerai

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As someone else noted, about 20 years ago it was common to use your real name, & I tried, on one woodworking forum. Steve Thomas is almost as common as Mike Smith. Got up to about "Steve Thomas 537" & all the permutations and still taken, so went with an airplane name, Sonerai. Most permutations of that with number turned out to be taken as well. So i sort of stuttered "sssonerai doesn't even work" and decided to spell it out (the stutter) It was available.

This forum seems to have more aliases than others i'm on, so continued with that name.

I owned a Sonerai 1 wrecked by a friend for 40 years, more recently bought a S2 from Canada. Have still never flown one but hope to when i get the canopy raised to fit my height; & the FAA's blessing for a USA airworthiness on it. I do fly other small planes, though much less often than i'd like to be able to afford.

I honestly though Cessna 10 owned a Citation X.
At least a C182 is always good taste!

smt

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
A repeat from the earlier thread. My initials and a car I owned for 34 years.

Attachments

• scottride04.jpg
    scottride04.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:

CuesDirectly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I need a name,,,,,,

Like the pine trees linin' the windin' road
I've got a name, I've got a name
Like the singin' bird and the croakin' toad
I've got a name, I've got a nameAnd I carry it with me like my daddy did
But I'm livin' the dream that he kept hidMovin' me down the highway
Rollin' me down the highway
Movin' ahead so life won't pass me by

Like the north wind whistlin' down the sky
I've got a song, I've got a song
Like the whippoorwill and the baby's cry
I've got a song, I've got a songAnd I carry it with me and I sing it loud
If it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proudMovin' me down the highway
Movin' ahead so life won't pass me byAnd I'm gonna go there free
Like the fool I am and I'll always be
I've got a dream, I've got a dream
They can change their minds but they can't change me
I've got a dream, I've got a dream

Oh, I know I could share it if you want me to
If you're going my way, I'll go with you
Movin' me down the highway
Movin' me down the highway

Thanks Jim.

uwate

daydreaming about pool
Silver Member
Uwate is my last name. Its japanese and its most common current use in japan relates to sumo wrestling where it is one of the throwing maneuvers where the wrestler reaches over the opponents arm to grab the muwashi (belt) and then leverages to throw. Here is a pic of the current top dog rank (yokuzuna) Hakuho executing the move. To translate into pool, Hakuho is like a Fargo 820 in Sumo and is the Michael Jordan of Sumo. Now considered the GOAT, he is a real badass that has been clocked launching out of the crouch position to rise up and make contact with his opponent faster than Usain Bolt.

Attachments

• uwatenage.jpg
    uwatenage.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 191

pooldawg8

My Pride and Joy
Gold Member
Silver Member
This is how I came up with my azb handle name; pooldawg8
(pool)I`ve always loved the game of pool since I was about 6 or 7 yrs old and watching it being played in my uncles basement.
(dawg) that`s what all my league buddies would call me when we were at a league match and I was hitting on all the women.
(8) That was Dale Earnhardt Jr race #

DelawareDogs

The Double Deuce…
Silver Member
Mine should be familiar to some.

I've gotten inboxed several times about it, and asking if I knew him. Good local hustler from my hometown.

If anyone has any Delaware Dogs stories, let's start a thread and share!

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jim...Nope, Hoser lives in FL. :thumbup:

Scott Lee
2019 PBIA Instructor of the Year
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

Hoser, are you living in New Jersey now? "Back stabbing rat bastard" is a pretty popular term in North Jersey lingo. Certain sections of NYC too.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I used to be "2twoball" on here. I changed to my real name and hometown a couple years ago because I wanted to talk chit on the keyboard, make bad deals, et cetera without anyone knowing who I really am or where to find me! LOL

noMoreSchon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
NoMoreSchon...Well when I started here my poor Schon was lost forever. I have a few new ones now,

but the original is still missing. Should change it to oneMoreSchon...

briankenobi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is the same forum name I have for my star wars costume clubs. My first name is Brian and the first cosplay costume I did was Obi-Wan Kenobi.

BushkaGUY

I bought my cue directly from George Balabuska back in the 60's.
Paid $100 for the cue and an extra shaft. The cue was stolen from a pool room in Columbus Ohio in the early 80's but I still have the extra shaft which I play with every time I shoot.
I would bet dollars to doughnuts that the clod who stole my cue had no idea what it was.

lastdimetaker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My handle playing poker stars back in the day. My nick name for pool should be give them their money back tim.. lol or can't win tim . I'll stick with lastdimetaker for the psychological affects.

Andrew Manning

Aspiring know-it-all
Silver Member
I named this account after some total asshole I once had the misfortune of playing pool with. Couldn't shoot worth a damn but thought he walked on water. I wonder what ever happened to that guy...

moneychic74

Registered
How did you come up with your forum name?
There may be Intetesting stories if told.

Mine came because I owned a pool room called Ultimate Billiards. My name is Bill.
Did not know all capitals was like yelling on the internet.

I am a Chief Financial Officer and I was born in 74