Facings

brigeton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is a indentation where the facing is on most corners on my cushions, not leaving a sharp pocket point like there should be. I believe the facings are a little softer than the rail rubber?
Do you think this is because the facings are not trimmed flush with the rubber or is the rail cloth pulled a little too tight? There are no ripples or puckers in the rail cloth otherwise.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
There is a indentation where the facing is on most corners on my cushions, not leaving a sharp pocket point like there should be. I believe the facings are a little softer than the rail rubber?
Do you think this is because the facings are not trimmed flush with the rubber or is the rail cloth pulled a little too tight? There are no ripples or puckers in the rail cloth otherwise.

Facing rubber is usually harder than cushion rubber. Sounds like the facings were not trimmed flush or shaped right. Facing work is an art when done properly, you should not be able to see any lines and points should be consistent. Hope this helped.

TFT

brigeton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Facing rubber is usually harder than cushion rubber. Sounds like the facings were not trimmed flush or shaped right. Facing work is an art when done properly, you should not be able to see any lines and points should be consistent. Hope this helped.

TFT

Thanks Trent.