I'm not a mechanic ...

Crash

Pool Hall Owner
Silver Member
but I finally got tired of covering friends tables for free. So after 4 years and 2 dozen tables I made my first few dollars covering a 7-foot Valley in a private home. I used 3M-10 and Championship Tour Edition. I tightened and/or replaced missing casting bolts, vacuumed out the table, cleaned "scum" off the tracks and landings and in the end I was so tired I put the spot on the wrong end of the table. Thankfully spots are cheap. An almost perfect day. :boring2: Oh yeah ... I've got to get faster on the rails to get a raise. Practice!, practice!, practice!.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Then you should have charged about $150 labor for your work, knowing what you're doing is worth that amount as a START:thumbup:

Donny Wessels

Silver Member
but I finally got tired of covering friends tables for free. So after 4 years and 2 dozen tables I made my first few dollars covering a 7-foot Valley in a private home. I used 3M-10 and Championship Tour Edition. I tightened and/or replaced missing casting bolts, vacuumed out the table, cleaned "scum" off the tracks and landings and in the end I was so tired I put the spot on the wrong end of the table. Thankfully spots are cheap. An almost perfect day. :boring2: Oh yeah ... I've got to get faster on the rails to get a raise. Practice!, practice!, practice!.

at least you didn't draw the head string on the wrong side. I've been cussed out for that one.

Shane Sullivan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
you guys know anyone good around ohio area need someone to modify my 7' brunswick (glenwood) The pockets angle out. I hope someone could make it so the pockets are cut straight
Shane Sullivan ~Youngstown Ohio

Crash

Pool Hall Owner
Silver Member
Oh yeah, I cleaned the slates too. Only had the guts to charge $100. I'll take a $50 penalty for being so sloooow on the rails and putting the spot on the wrong end.

I've finally decided that staples suck especially if you don't have a good stapler:mad: A good stapler is in the works (recommendation anyone?). I've got a spare set of rails that I'm going to practice the glue method with. I've got to get more efficient when I do my 14 Valleys this June.