Reload this Page Knoxville Tennessee
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Knoxville Tennessee
Old
  (#1)
Sunchaser
Belgian Malinois
Sunchaser has a reputation beyond reputeSunchaser has a reputation beyond reputeSunchaser has a reputation beyond reputeSunchaser has a reputation beyond reputeSunchaser has a reputation beyond reputeSunchaser has a reputation beyond reputeSunchaser has a reputation beyond reputeSunchaser has a reputation beyond reputeSunchaser has a reputation beyond reputeSunchaser has a reputation beyond reputeSunchaser has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Knoxville Tennessee - 07-28-2019, 08:13 AM

Well it's official. We are making a big move from the Omaha area to Knoxville in a month. Any advice on the area is appreciated. Any of you guys from around there? Thanks in advance. Matt

Old
  (#2)
strmanglr scott
AzB Silver Member
strmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond repute

07-28-2019, 09:44 AM

I lived in Knoxville for 9 months or as I like to say, did nine months in Knoxville.

Change your vehicle plates immediately. I got rear ended and I got the ticket. I fought it, cop delayed my case hearing by reshuffling the case down so a witness could show. I told the judge my brother is a policeman and told me if I was completely in the lane coming to a stop I was not at fault. Judge's response, 'that's usually the case but not today', guilty pay the fine. Cop didn't even ask me my side of the story.

I lived in the Cedar Bluff area in an apartment. It was a nice area. Farther west of downtown the better, if things haven't changed much.

Traffic on I-40 sucks. God help you if it rains. Not the best drivers.

People are relaxed and laid back, they're slow mentally. They are more proper. My gf at the time said she wouldn't think of going out without make up on. Southern hospitality is for southerners. At least your not coming from Yankee country as I did. You're a Yankee if you come visit, you're a damn Yankee if you come and stay as I was told.

Good things, the food first off. Knoxville is a test area for restaurants. There was a restaurant called Raffertys that had a 10oz prime rib Monday night's for $11.00, baked potato and salad. Some really great Mexican food. I was amazed how many gas stations had a flat top and served food. Get ready for chix biscuits.

Scenery is spectacular outside the city.

Gatlinburg is highly commercialized, go there with $$$.

You might consider living in Oak Ridge just outside of Knoxville.

Which reminds me of old milk in the carton, finish a gallon of milk and the carton sits there a couple days and the milk turns a bright green. Thought that was really weird. Never saw that in Michigan.

Good luck, change those plates and pick up the accent fast.

The rail is your best friend.

Old
  (#3)
FairladyZ
The Boss Stooge
FairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

07-28-2019, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strmanglr scott View Post
Good luck, change those plates and pick up the accent fast.
I think there's a class for that in TN and KY.....all the phony bologna modern country singers have to go through it before they are permitted to sing about their dead dogs, alcohol, honky tonks, cheating wives, and their pickup trucks.

If you tolerate this, then your children will be next.

I have never quoted someone in my signature....but I found such a shallow, idiotic, and inane comment like this worthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
Everybody already knows that "conservative" means "bigot".

pj
chgo

Last edited by FairladyZ; 07-28-2019 at 09:52 AM.

Old
  (#4)
tom haney
AzB Silver Member
tom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond repute

07-28-2019, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairladyZ View Post
....all the phony bologna modern country singers have to go through it before they are permitted to sing about their dead dogs, alcohol, honky tonks, cheating wives, and their pickup trucks.
Unlike classic country singers who sang about trains, mama, alcohol, honky tonks, and cheating wives.

God bless each and every one of you

Old
  (#5)
FairladyZ
The Boss Stooge
FairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond repute

07-28-2019, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom haney View Post
Unlike classic country singers who sang about trains, mama, alcohol, honky tonks, and cheating wives.
I don't like them much more than the modern ones....but atleast their 'twang' in their songs is real.

I have never quoted someone in my signature....but I found such a shallow, idiotic, and inane comment like this worthy!
Quote:

pj
chgo

Old
  (#6)
Sev
I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Sev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond repute

07-28-2019, 11:35 AM

Omaha??
Man you are in trouble. They hate people from Omaha.

By guns. Ammo.

Get your American flag flying as soon as possible along with the state flag. Gadsden flag and Battle Flag.

No Deliverance jokes.

Make sure your "Trump in 2020" sign proudly displayed.

You need to put an old Chevy on blocks in the front yard. A dead refrigerator is helpful as well.

What ever you do. Dont try to fake a southern drawl. Your name is not Hillary.

Learn to love sweet tea.

Strangers will be waving at you. Wave back.

Find some local shine.

Never say AppalAchia. It is alway la not lay.

Oh and the law in TN is that you can accelerate through yellow lights.

If you cant understand what somebody is saying. Just smile and nod your head like an illegal alien.

If they ask you if you ever made it with your cousin.
Just tell them a gentleman kiss and tells. Then wink. They'll understand.

I hope this helps.

Keep your head down and admire the shot.

COVFEFE!!

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”---Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Yep. Sev is smarter than you all."
"I dont know much."
"I'm just a flea along for the ride."--366Robin

Revelations of truth undermine a foundation of belief built on lies.---Sev

Old
  (#7)
strmanglr scott
AzB Silver Member
strmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond repute

07-28-2019, 11:53 AM

Lol, I was down there as a salesperson in a furniture store, guy comes in and says, 'I need a ba fo ma chilens'. After asking him to repeat himself twice, ohhh, you need a bed for your children, got it.

Never saw so many people missing teeth in my life.

The rail is your best friend.

Old
  (#8)
Sunchaser
Belgian Malinois
Sunchaser has a reputation beyond reputeSunchaser has a reputation beyond reputeSunchaser has a reputation beyond reputeSunchaser has a reputation beyond reputeSunchaser has a reputation beyond reputeSunchaser has a reputation beyond reputeSunchaser has a reputation beyond reputeSunchaser has a reputation beyond reputeSunchaser has a reputation beyond reputeSunchaser has a reputation beyond reputeSunchaser has a reputation beyond repute

07-28-2019, 02:56 PM

Thanks for the advice Scott. I can get new plates on the vehicles asap, I would anyway.
Sev, I read your suggestions to the wife. She'd like to meet you! I fly the American flag out front and the battle flag out back now. I'll work on getting my Trump 2020 sign...my Dad lives in Chattanooga and has extras. I'll sample any and all the shine I can find, twice to make sure.
I plan to do plenty of fishing in the hills, so deliverance jokes are out...
I hope to make some pool playing friends, so I'll dog it the first year or two. Most my friends don't want to play with me. Don't know why...
Anyway, thanks for the heads up advice. The wife took a job in Mascot Tn, 10 miles from Knoxville, so the dog and I decided to make the best of it and tag along. Should be an adventure.
No job for me. Darn it😊.

Old
  (#9)
Sev
Sev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond repute

07-28-2019, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunchaser View Post
Thanks for the advice Scott. I can get new plates on the vehicles asap, I would anyway.
Sev, I read your suggestions to the wife. She'd like to meet you! I fly the American flag out front and the battle flag out back now. I'll work on getting my Trump 2020 sign...my Dad lives in Chattanooga and has extras. I'll sample any and all the shine I can find, twice to make sure.
I plan to do plenty of fishing in the hills, so deliverance jokes are out...
I hope to make some pool playing friends, so I'll dog it the first year or two. Most my friends don't want to play with me. Don't know why...
Anyway, thanks for the heads up advice. The wife took a job in Mascot Tn, 10 miles from Knoxville, so the dog and I decided to make the best of it and tag along. Should be an adventure.
No job for me. Darn it��.
Sounds like life is good.
The no job thing is tough to take. However I am sure you are up to the task of sucking up pushing through it.

Reach out to ChevyBob. I believe he is in your area.
We missed each other a few years back during one of the Bristols races.

Say hey to the wife. It is fine lady that is willing to win the bread and butter for her man and let him and the hound go fishing.

COVFEFE!!

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”---Martin Luther King, Jr.

"I dont know much."

Old
  (#10)
FairladyZ
The Boss Stooge

07-28-2019, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
Say hey to the wife. It is fine lady that is willing to win the bread and butter for her man and let him and the hound go fishing.
Hey now, I am very proud to say I'm the house husband. I pack her lunch every day and send her to work. My house is on the same property as my business, so I'm glad to stay here and be 'holly homemaker'!! I will not fold laundry though....that's her job.

Quote:

pj
chgo

Old
  (#11)
Sunchaser
Belgian Malinois

07-28-2019, 04:16 PM

I'm lucky to have her...and would follow her just about anywhere. She's great.
I am worried about one thing. I only have 3 pairs of overalls now. Maybe I'll need a nice new dark blue pair...you know...for fancy occasions, or a nice night out? Maybe the wife will spring for a new pair.

Old
  (#12)
LWW
DEPLORABLE!
LWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond repute

07-28-2019, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom haney View Post
You forgot pickup trucks and jail/prison.

"I can't stand you (LWW). You're one of the worst people I've ever known...You can rot in hell you pathetic loser."
-Bishop-

"Whether or not its a lie is irrelevant."
-Bishop-

"I have better things to do than worry about fact checking whats being published ..."
-336Robin-

"I support Antifa"
-poolfool1957-

"I have high hopes that you (LWW) and your sympathizers will be led to the gallows."
-9BallPaul-

Old
  (#13)
tom haney
AzB Silver Member
tom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond repute

07-28-2019, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWW View Post
You forgot pickup trucks and jail/prison.
Yep!

God bless each and every one of you

Old
  (#14)
FairladyZ
The Boss Stooge

07-28-2019, 07:16 PM

y'all git in da truck, we goin upta tha bighause!

Quote:

pj
chgo

Old
  (#15)
Sev

07-29-2019, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunchaser View Post
I'm lucky to have her...and would follow her just about anywhere. She's great.
I am worried about one thing. I only have 3 pairs of overalls now. Maybe I'll need a nice new dark blue pair...you know...for fancy occasions, or a nice night out? Maybe the wife will spring for a new pair.
Dont forget to pick up some suspenders for those non overall days.

COVFEFE!!

"I dont know much."

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: