tax rebate = new cue

misterpoole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In 2001 when the govt handed out tax rebates I took the opportunity to order a custom cue. I asked the cuemakers on RSB (rec.sport.billiard), given my specs, who would make me a cue. The result was a great cue made by Murray Tucker that I still have, and use, today.
So assuming I get a rebate this year who, on this board, wants to make me a cue? I am looking for a relatively simple styled cue with a darker colored wood forearm like cocobolo or zircote or rosewood or ?, points with veneers preferred. I like ringwork. Inlays are ok as long as they dont have rounded edges and are uncluttered/simple (see avatar). I prefer to look at the wood rather than the inlays.
Normally go with wood to wood for a joint, but flexible. Wood handles (aka wrapless) work for me as long as it complements the rest of the cue.
The dimension specs are fairly standard.
Any takers or recommendations?

Last edited:

RDCustomCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Heres a question for you because being tax time a lot of builders are currently working on orders. What kind of completion time do you require? This may help determine if a builder can even get to it in time for delivery within your expectations.

misterpoole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good question

Thanks. Once we agree on the design I would expect it to be completed in less than 12 months. Why is tax time a particularly busy time for cuemakers?

Last edited:

JBCustomCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
misterpoole said:
Thanks. Once we agree on the design I would expect it to be completed in less than 12 months. Why is tax time a particularly busy time for cuemakers?

Because people have money to spend...