My Practice Drill

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
This does not come up often but I have done this a few times over this year. This is only a 38 ball run but in the 2nd rack. I run the whole rack without touching a rail with the cue ball. I do not like practicing drills, I have no patience for them but they are a good thing for players. It must be my ADD I will try this when the opportunity comes up in a run. I also did this three weeks ago but hung up a ball in the corner pocket that I had to play off a rail. The same thing came up in this run toward the end of the rack but this time the pocket accepted it.
Hope you all enjoy this short video. It is right on for my pace. 7 mins for 38 balls.
http://vimeo.com/16562002

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
This does not come up often but I have done this a few times over this year. This is only a 38 ball run but in the 2nd rack. I run the whole rack without touching a rail with the cue ball. I do not like practicing drills, I have no patience for them but they are a good thing for players. It must be my ADD I will try this when the opportunity comes up in a run. I also did this three weeks ago but hung up a ball in the corner pocket that I had to play off a rail. The same thing came up in this run toward the end of the rack but this time the pocket accepted it.
Hope you all enjoy this short video. It is right on for my pace. 7 mins for 38 balls.
http://vimeo.com/16562002

Nice! FWIW, I try to keep count of how many times my cue ball touches a rail. It's just something I have always done.

BTW... that 6 off the rail should have counted for two points. lol

:eek:

:)

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
Your Right

Nice! FWIW, I try to keep count of how many times my cue ball touches a rail. It's just something I have always done.

BTW... that 6 off the rail should have counted for two points. lol

:eek:

:)

LOL....... No that was a three pointer...... I had to take a chance on that shot b/c there was a little too much angle on it and that cue ball would of definitely went into the rail. Turned out good this time. Doesn't always go the way you would like.
Just went into my game room and ran 69.

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Very nice shooting mikey !

I feel as though that my slump is starting to break. just ran a very controlled 43, but your no rails rack just makes it look so insignificant !!!

-Steve

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
Thanks

Very nice shooting mikey !

I feel as though that my slump is starting to break. just ran a very controlled 43, but your no rails rack just makes it look so insignificant !!!

-Steve

Thanks Steve for the great comment. Your 43 is darn good. Keep up the good work.

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
Good Practice

I had a very nice clean 88 ball run tonight. I had some tough racks that I had to pick off balls one by one to get the rack open and worked them out real nice. The run ended by making a break shot but the cue ball ended up on the bottom rail by it self. I had to back cut a ball and over cut it. It was makable, I just missed it.
I have it on video. I will try to get it down loaded tomorrow.