88 Ball Run

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
Here is a nice clean 88 ball run that I had last night.
Missed a hard shot from behind the rack after a break shot to end the run but it was makable.
Continue the run for about four shots after the miss just to see if I could get the rack open.
When transferring the tape to DVD. The first pocketed ball did not get on
the video. So, it is only 87 on video.
http://vimeo.com/16614396

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
88 ball run

nice and smooth. Did not look at all of it yet. downloaded and put it on my ipod for the ride home. Just watched a few sequences while it was downloading.

You have such nice end patterns.

Your shooting is reminiscent of Marpo, a fellow who used to play pool and post runs here. :cool:

Last edited:

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Nice Shooting Mikey,

Seems like times were getting tough in that run there. you had to run into alot of clusters and pray to have a shot at the outcome....seemed like they were always at the bottom rail after a break shot, that maybe something to work on !

we all have days like these, just gotta push on and make it happen !

Nice Shootin
-Steve

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
Thanks

Nice Shooting Mikey,

Seems like times were getting tough in that run there. you had to run into alot of clusters and pray to have a shot at the outcome....seemed like they were always at the bottom rail after a break shot, that maybe something to work on !

we all have days like these, just gotta push on and make it happen !

Nice Shootin
-Steve

The Table has been really playing kind of funny lately. It might be the weather. It has been really cold and you can feel that the balls are really cold. Racks have not been opening up properly. It was the same in the video that I had the no rail run. Those racks would not open either.
All you can do is to keep going into them until you get them open. That last rack with the miss. It was a shame that I did not have a good ball to shoot at. I had another 100 looking right at me.

PS: Thanks Sascha for the good comment. Enjoyed your video too.

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
Practice

I had a good practice tonight. Ran 51 and missed a shot. Put the ball in the pocket by hand and then continued to run 63 before scratching off a cluster of balls.

4.0x3.48

Never tire of learning.
Silver Member
Very nice run. You make it look easy! I haven't played hardly any 14.1, and I got a newbish question. What happens if the last ball of the rack is in the way of the next 14 ball rack?

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
Thanks

Very nice run. You make it look easy! I haven't played hardly any 14.1, and I got a newbish question. What happens if the last ball of the rack is in the way of the next 14 ball rack?

Thanks for the comment.
Here is a list of rules:
4.8 Special Racking Situations
When the cue ball or fifteenth object ball interferes with racking fourteen balls for a new rack, the following special rules apply. A ball is considered to interfere with the rack if it is within or overlaps the outline of the rack. The referee will state when asked whether a ball interferes with the rack.
(a) If the fifteenth ball was pocketed on the shot that scored the fourteenth ball, all fifteen balls are re-racked.
(b) If both balls interfere, all fifteen balls are re-racked and the cue ball is in hand behind the head string.
(c) If only the object ball interferes, it is placed on the head spot or the center spot if the cue ball blocks the head spot.
(d) If only the cue ball interferes, then it is placed as follows: if the object ball is in front of or on the head string, the cue ball is in hand behind the head string; if the object ball is behind the head string, the cue ball is spotted on the head spot, or on the center spot if the head spot is blocked.
In any case, there is no restriction on which object ball the shooter may play as the first shot of the new rack.

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member

Ran 69 today. I missed an key ball to set up for a nice break shot. It was on the long rail. I had to shoot it down the rail and bounce the cue ball a little off the rail for position on the break ball. I was too worried about coming off the rail too far and getting too straight on the break ball. I hung the object ball up in the corner. Got perfect position on the break.. It's always something.