74 Ball Run

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
Sorry guys no music. Please put some on when you are watching this video and you will not have to hear the dogs barking. UPS was supposed to make a delivery. I wanted to hear the front door. My crazy dogs that we have saved from a puppy mill were barking for nothing and was really distracting me. I was thinking someone was at the door.
LOL.... I was just watching the video to make sure it down loaded properly. The dogs were hearing themselves and going nuts. I can't win.
During the first rack, I walked out of the room for about 30 secs. Please bare with it.
Last rack: I was determined to go into the cluster of balls. I almost had a great shot on the one ball but was blocked by a hair. I decided to make a thin cut shot on the 6 ball and break up two balls that were together on the right side rail. Missed the shot. The 9 ball was up by the right corner but I was very straight on it and there was a ball by the cue ball that troubled me. Plus if I made the 9 ball, the next shot would of been hard.
There were three balls in a line that I thought about shooting instead of cutting the stripe in the corner, when I went into the cluster but those three balls had a open path infront of them to send the cue ball scratching in the lower left corner. So, I did not go that route. You will see at the end of the video what I mean.
http://vimeo.com/19721956

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Nice Shootin Mikey, and Great Job on the table !!!

You really seem to be shooting at a good pace, playing your patterns nicely and you are very open to change of pattern when you didnt get right on a shot.
The one thing i noticed was that towards the end of the second to last rack you went into that cluster, if you rewatch the footage it looks like there was no reason to do so if you picked the balls off in the right order. they all had a pocket, you could of made things worse then what they were. especially going into that cluster from up top moving the balls down to the bottom rail where there already were a few balls.
maybe you were just being lazy or you werent as mentally focussed as in how you were when you started.
the last rack you seemed a little unfocussed as well, maybe it was just the placebo affect of the last rack.

all n all you seemed to get to that number with pretty much of ease and i wont be shocked at all when you hit that big run real soon, i just cant wait to see it !!!

Oh and stop bothering the dogs, why are you distracting them with your damn pool playing.....LOL :grin-square::grin::eek:

-Steve

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
Thanks

Thanks Steve for the comment. Sometimes, I think that I take too many chances and I will go into clusters & get stuck. Which no doubt ended this run and many others that I have.
Need to work on that (along with a lot of other things.... LOL). I need to be more careful. I am trying to shoot at a slower pace. Glad you notice it. But.....
that is as slow as I can get with out me having a nervous break down...... LOL

Last edited:

Wink

14.1 Wannabe
Silver Member
Thanks for sharing Mike, looking forward to watching it. Downloading it now, I'll watch it on the plane on the way back to Chicago this afternoon.