Which way?

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Why would you have ball in hand after you make the 10?

Sorry, Bill, misstated it. 8-3-10 onto the 5 in the side, which is a break shot from a lot of different places. No ball in hand. Not nearly the best pattern, as I noted, but for a weak player, it might offer the most likely chance of continuing the run (as it offers simple shape onto a break shot and a break ball that, for a weak player, is considerably easier to pocket than either the 3 or the 8).

Hope I'll see you in Vegas, Bill. I'll arrive at the Riv on 5/15.

mymosconi

Registered
The only way.....

There are always obvious wrong ways to go. Always play to your strengths and you will have more confidence in your game. In the mean time, practice moving the ways you have problems with. Play the percentages!

CarlB

Formerly AfghanBilliards
Silver Member
My Way

Well, not my way, but just offering another way. I know its not conventional, or by the book, but just an alternative idea.

Pop Quiz, Whats the disadvantage to this breakshot. :D

Carl

Attachments

• Whichway_Myway.jpg
    Whichway_Myway.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 138

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
Carl, one disadvantage of it the way I see it is that going from the key ball you are going across the line of position and getting right leaves very little margin for error. Man, your speed off the shot on the 10 ball better be dead perfect.

Standbykid

Results or excuses?
Silver Member
As a 14.1 newbie, pattern 1 is just a simpler layout for me to accomplish. I'm always looking to prevent cueball movement, if possible.