AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will be on holiday in Orlando Florida mid April

Can anybody suggest a good pool hall.

Love to see any league matches, like to get a feel of the
Pool culture in the US as i am from the UK
and love all cue sports.

Many thanks

Paul's place in Tampa, oh you said Orlando in the thread. Looking at the subject I was about to say Buffalo Billiards, in Metairie, Louisiana next to New Orleans, Louisiana. Oh well, I forgot the name of the place I played at in Orlando, FL. Good luck on finding a place to play. Several good players there too.
Many Regards,
Lock N Load.

DGilb147

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks guys

Cue-phoria looks good and they hold a 9 ball tournament

On Wed evenings

Handicap basis

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Clicks is okay, but more of a bar.

Cuephoria is the one true pool hall in Orlando. The Wednesday night tournament is good, but can get a little crowded due to APA being there on the 7' Diamonds. Non-smoking and excellent food.

DGilb147

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Clicks is okay, but more of a bar.

Cuephoria is the one true pool hall in Orlando. The Wednesday night tournament is good, but can get a little crowded due to APA being there on the 7' Diamonds. Non-smoking and excellent food.

Thanks. BeiberLvr.

How does the handicap work? They wont know me from Adam

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks. BeiberLvr.

How does the handicap work? They wont know me from Adam

It's by the ball. The difference in handicap plus one.

So if you were rated a 7 and playing a 6, you would give up the last two balls on the table. 3 foul rule is in effect. $10 entry. Races are 4/3

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How can they rate me?

From the UK. Only played 9 ball a few times

When the tournament director gets there he can watch you play a few games to get an idea of where you are. Most new players I believe get rated as a 6 or 7.

It could always be adjusted if you end rated too high or low to start.

DGilb147

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When the tourtint director gets there he can watch you play a few games to get an idea of where you are. Most new players I believe get rated as a 6 or 7.

It could always be adjusted if you end rated too high or low to start.

That makes sense many thanks for your time

Best regards

Mike_Mason

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Welcome to Orlando

I don't play much but I did play a tourney at Cuephoria. It's a nice place and I'm sure you will enjoy your stay in a great vacation destination. I've been pretty busy but do pm me just before you get here and we can make plans to bang a few racks. And if you have plans for visiting Walt Disney World then contact me earlier...we might be able to help you out there - Mike

Last edited:

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
It's already been mentioned, but I asked a friend who lives in the area so I may as well post it - this was their reply: Cuephoria it's the only good poolhall in Orlando.

Have fun.

Dave

Ralph Kramden

BOOM!.. ZOOM!.. MOON!
Silver Member
It's already been mentioned, but I asked a friend who lives in the area so I may as well post it - this was their reply: Cuephoria it's the only good poolhall in Orlando.

Have fun.

Dave

What happened to Corner Pockets on East Colonial Drive?
Did the best room end up the same way as Pro Billiards?

DGilb147

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't play much but I did play a ply at Cuephoria. It's a nice place and I'm sure you will enjoy your stay in a great vacation destination. I've been pretty busy but do pm me just before you get here and we can make plans to bang a few racks. And if you have plans for visiting Walt Disney World then contact me earlier...we might be able to help you out there - Mike

That would be great Mike, even though your comment about not playing
Much is making me nervous.

Feeling a hustle coming on

Mike_Mason

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No seriously...

ha ha...they talk like that in the UK too, eh? well it's true...kind of. I'll respond to your pm. Cheers.