Photos of my game room

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
To read the story behind the pool table, please read (transferred my post to here).

Attachments

• Pool room_1.jpg
    Pool room_1.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 629
  • Pool room_2.jpg
    Pool room_2.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 598
  • Pool room_3.jpg
    Pool room_3.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 592
  • Pool room_4.jpg
    Pool room_4.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 603
  • Pool room_5.jpg
    Pool room_5.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 603

BigRigTom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm love it!
Looks like the kind of place I could spend a long time with out getting bored.

When I grow up I want a room just like it.:cool:

Wity

Banned
Slight addition needed StraightMan :D

Gora have a pint of Banks's at hand.

Attachments

• Pool room_1a.jpg
    Pool room_1a.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 563
Last edited:

Wity

Banned
Do i see the old scoring counters above the table ? Very nice touch.

Dunno what you call them only ever seen them in The Hustler.

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
Lol

Hey that addition that you added to my bar looks great. I might need to fix it up like that.
Those are called "Scorer Beads" everyone who had a game room had them growing up on the East Coast.

Last edited:

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
Yes it does

i never heard of a Dimalto, Riviera table. looks a lot like a brunswick.

Yes, the table looks a lot like a Gold Crown & plays like one too. Dimalto tried to compete with Brunswick but lost. I really do not know why they did not make it. Each pocket has its own separate ball return system coated in rubber. They supplied the tables for a few World Championship 14-1 tournaments in the 60's.
When Joe Balsis passed away. His wife had put items of his on E-Bay.
There was a program that was up for bids from the 14-1 tournament in 68 with a full page advertisement on my table. I won that on E-Bay, so I have that too. That is how I found out the Model name of my table & the correct location where it was manufactured.

Last edited:

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cool

Yes, the table looks a lot like a Gold Crown & plays like one too. Dimalto tried to compete with Brunswick but lost. I really do not know why they did not make it. Each pocket has its own separate ball return system coated in rubber. They supplied the tables for a few World Championship 14-1 tournaments in the 60's.
When Joe Balsis passed away. His wife had put items of his on E-Bay.
There was a program that was up for bids from the 14-1 tournament in 68 with a full page advertisement on my table. I won that on E-Bay, so I have that too. That is how I found out the Model name of my table & the correct location where it was manufactured.

Interesting little story and a great looking room!

mosconiac

Job+Wife+Child=No Stroke
Silver Member
Did I miss the link to the story?

Anyway, that table looks VERY familiar. That ball return is what stirs memories. In the 70's (when my age was in the single digits), my best friend had a pool table in the basement. I believe it was this style of table due to the unique ball return. I'd like to read more...off to google!

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
Thanks

Did I miss the link to the story?

Anyway, that table looks VERY familiar. That ball return is what stirs memories. In the 70's (when my age was in the single digits), my best friend had a pool table in the basement. I believe it was this style of table due to the unique ball return. I'd like to read more...off to google!

Original I had the story on the Main Forum as (There Are Pool Angels) and I had transfer it over to the 14.1 Forum for my straight pool readers. Look for (Transfer My Post to Here).
I will bump it. Thanks for asking.

HAKurtz

Hittin' the tables!!
Silver Member
Its wonderful! I can not wait until we have enough room to make our own pool room! JEALOUS! :)

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
Thank you

Its wonderful! I can not wait until we have enough room to make our own pool room! JEALOUS! :)

Some guys when they Retrier buy that dream boat, motor home , motorcycle etc.
I on the other hand have my dream game room with my table that my Mom got me all those years ago.
I am practicing up to play Steve when I come up to visit my brother who lives in Deer Park next year. Looking forward to it.

Hank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the POOL ROOM

Mike that is one great pool room .Looks like you got tight pockets?Some day we will play some 14.1 on that table.What is your high run on there?My father,brothers and I spent many hours playing in our family pool room.Thanks for sharing the pictures & story. HANK::smile: