house cues

pulzcul

"Chasinrainbows"
Silver Member
I remember Huebler produced a line of house cues years back. Played in a room that kept them behind the till. When you rented the balls you were asked what weight cue you wanted. No house cues on the walls. I don't suppose anyone knows of a company that has a "house cue" line? I would like to get rid of the funky valley house cues.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I don't suppose anyone knows of a company that has a "house cue" line? I would like to get rid of the funky valley house cues.

Muellers...has their own house cue
Dufferin's are good choice.
CueTec has 1 piece cues

Last edited:

Moet.1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Muellers...has their own house cue
Dufferin's are are good choice.
CueTec has 1 piece cues

Bank Shot in Louisville Ky has cue tec house cues and you wouldn't believe how well they
play. Many times I used them when I can in from work and didn't have my cue.

I recommend them to any body hell I think they play better than their 2 piece cue tecs, only
think is they do have a skinny handle near the butt end. But I Iike that.

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't know who has them. The Pocket Billiard Lounge in Binghamton, NY had McDermotts to rent for $1.00 an hour. Can't remember how many she had but they were a good alternative to house cues.

pulzcul

"Chasinrainbows"
Silver Member
thanks for the replies gentlemen, I was actually more interested in a 2 pc cue. The renting idea might be worth looking into though. thanks

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thanks for the replies gentlemen, I was actually more interested in a 2 pc cue. The renting idea might be worth looking into though. thanks

Are you talking about for your house or a pool hall? Budget in mind and how many? The lower end Lucky line from McDermott has decent quality and pretty cheap for about $50-60. Action has a good cheaper model also https://www.ozonebilliards.com/product/action-cues-sneaky-pete-zebra-wood

Or you can go to the low end market, the room I play in most often has cheap $15-20 cues for house cues. They don't even bother with fixing tips now, just order up another few dozen cues. But they are not really good quality.

pulzcul

"Chasinrainbows"
Silver Member
Are you talking about for your house or a pool hall? Budget in mind and how many? The lower end Lucky line from McDermott has decent quality and pretty cheap for about $50-60. Action has a good cheaper model also https://www.ozonebilliards.com/product/action-cues-sneaky-pete-zebra-wood

Or you can go to the low end market, the room I play in most often has cheap $15-20 cues for house cues. They don't even bother with fixing tips now, just order up another few dozen cues. But they are not really good quality.

for a bar/room. probably 30 or so. good enough quality to help your game and promote people to become players.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
for a bar/room. probably 30 or so. good enough quality to help your game and promote people to become players.

Well, 30 decent quality two piece cues will run you quite a bit more than the normal house cues, and I doubt that 95% of the people will be able to tell the difference or even notice the change. I don't know how many people grab custom cues from other players and just start using them, not noticing anything aside from the fact that it's a pool cue. I've had to retrieve my $1,000 cue from several people who always acted like I was some crazy person taking their cue away from them.

Maybe something like this would be good https://www.amazon.com/Lot-Piece-Ha...rts-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1507034753&sr=1-18&th=1 https://www.amazon.com/Lot-Piece-Ha...rts-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1507034753&sr=1-18&th=1

Looks fancy enough, the shafts are normal wood at least. You can even sell them with a cheap case for $50 and make a bit of money off it every so often. Someone will play with one, like it, and see them for cheap for sale.

Last edited:

ratdaddy

Registered

I managed a room when I was younger, and we were one of the first to offer rental cues. It was a great idea. We brought in 10 of McDermott's base cue (at the time it was the D-1) with different weights/tip diameters. We rented them for a $1 flat rate (not by the hour). I maintained them on a regular basis and kept the tips in good shape and the shafts clean and smooth. After 1 year, we sold them for half-price and brought in a new batch. It was so popular that before 12 months was up, I had a waiting list of customers who wanted to buy one, so they were sold as soon as the new ones were delivered.

Not only did it generate revenue from the rental charge, it offered customers who didn't normally get to use a nice cue the chance to experience the difference for not a lot of money. It also helped increase new cue sales. If a customer was considering a cue purchase but was undecided about weight or tip size, they could rent different configurations to experiment with. They felt more comfortable with their purchase because they didn't have to guess. It was a win/win all the way around.

LHP5

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Top Hat here in Baltimore, MD has Joss house cues. How sick is that? I've seen everything from lucasi, cuetec, players, dufferin, and valleys in the halls in Maryland. Most of these were Sneaky Pete style except for the cuetec which were the solid colored regular old cuetec. Additionally, the joss house cues are Merry Widow style with what appears to be Purple Heart. Probably pretty expensive but with Joss right next door and ordered in large enough quantities...

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah...better to buy 3x as many 1pc cues than to dump a little nut into 2pc jobbers.

Diamond had their name branded on some a while back that were really nice.
Well, 30 decent quality two piece cues will run you quite a bit more than the normal house cues, and I doubt that 95% of the people will be able to tell the difference or even notice the change. I don't know how many people grab custom cues from other players and just start using them, not noticing anything aside from the fact that it's a pool cue. I've had to retrieve my $1,000 cue from several people who always acted like I was some crazy person taking their cue away from them.

Maybe something like this would be good https://www.amazon.com/Lot-Piece-Ha...rts-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1507034753&sr=1-18&th=1 https://www.amazon.com/Lot-Piece-Ha...rts-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1507034753&sr=1-18&th=1

Looks fancy enough, the shafts are normal wood at least. You can even sell them with a cheap case for $50 and make a bit of money off it every so often. Someone will play with one, like it, and see them for cheap for sale.