Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Shane Vanboening vs Jayson Shaw
Page 3 of 30 123 4513 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#31)
jasonlaus
Rep for Smorg
jasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

08-07-2019, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pt109 View Post
I have some problems with this set-up.
Shorter sets “best of” is far more watchable....race to 100 (watching live) should be part
of the community service penalty you got from an understanding judge.
...how about races to 15.....best 4 out of 9 sets?

And Van Boening is TWO words...not one word like on the poster.

...nobody likes there name spelled incorrectly.
When you see a small mistake this early...it makes you wonder how many more small
things are going to add up to a frustrating experience.
Their*
Jason

Old
  (#32)
jasonlaus
Rep for Smorg
jasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond repute

Post 08-07-2019, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelDaShot View Post
From my understanding (which could be wrong), the betting line is determined by the bookies and it changes whenever the betting becomes lop sided. From a bookies standpoint, they want the bets to be split 50/50 between both sides. So they adjust the betting anytime it becomes unbalanced.

For example:

Week 1: Match is announced; 60% SVB, 40% Shaw
Week 2: Shaw is given 5 games on wire; 45% SVB, 55% Shaw
Week 3: Shaw's spot is reduced to 3 games on wire; 48% SVB, 52% Shaw
Week 4: Shaw's spot is reduced to 2 games on wire; 50% SVB, 50% Shaw

I rarely bet on major sporting events so maybe I could be missing something here. It just seems unusual that the betting lines were determined, and printed on the flyer, without any side bets being taken. This is like the NFL releasing a superbowl advertisement with a betting line on it. It's unusual to say the least.

How were these numbers determined? Will they change? The betting line only matters to the people taking bets, right? Who is taking bets?
You do realize the odds/games do not change for the people who have already bet dont you? In your example the bets do not equal 50/50 at the end of 4 weeks (most likely).

Old
  (#33)
Cardigan Kid
AzB Silver Member
Cardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond repute

08-07-2019, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Shorter sets “best of” is far more watchable....race to 100 (watching live) should be part

When you see a small mistake this early...it makes you wonder how many more small
I have to agree with this right here.
Shane recently played Siming Chen in Vegas and what made it interesting and competitive was the 7 sets, each race to 11 over 3 days
You could feel the pressure right from the start and the players' performance, I believe, was all the better for it.

Shane and Shaw, same format would be a pressure cooker waiting to boil over, and engaging for the fans all the same.

Long race
Old
  (#34)
AkGuy
AzB Silver Member
AkGuy has a reputation beyond reputeAkGuy has a reputation beyond reputeAkGuy has a reputation beyond reputeAkGuy has a reputation beyond reputeAkGuy has a reputation beyond reputeAkGuy has a reputation beyond reputeAkGuy has a reputation beyond reputeAkGuy has a reputation beyond reputeAkGuy has a reputation beyond reputeAkGuy has a reputation beyond reputeAkGuy has a reputation beyond repute

Long race - 08-07-2019, 12:39 PM

I think if the two of them played like a dozen racers to 100 we may see a clear winner as far as who is best, but maybe not as they are both great. I had some Tar matches and lost them when my old computer crashed, damn it.

The one with Shane and Dennis looked brutal for Dennis, mostly because of Shane's killer break.

Any more I prefer a best of match with shorter races to 21 and win by two games required.

I also think that with todays interest in 9 and 10 Ball and the many top tier players a big tournament draws, it is hard to say who is best at 9 and 10 ball. But, that Filler guy has racked up some very impressive big tournament wins in a short time.

If Filler can keep the competitive edge going, he will only get smarter and more better! For sure he makes shot making look easy.

Old
  (#35)
pt109
WO double hemlock

pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

08-07-2019, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonlaus View Post
Their*
Jason
....hey, I’m allowed typos...I’m making a post, not a poster

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#36)
skip100
AzB Silver Member
skip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond repute

08-07-2019, 01:13 PM

never mind

Old
  (#37)
spartan
AzB Silver Member
spartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond repute

Talking 08-08-2019, 11:40 AM

Quote:

+1
Race to 100000 is getting old.
First of all , it isn't really race to 100 if they take long sleep break each day. True Race to 100 is race to 100 without any sleep except short toilet, meals breaks. I would watch all 3 days if it is True Race to 100 , that would be interesting
Secondly, sets of shorter ensures best performances from both. If someone leads by 20 racks in this race to 100, it is 99% of the time over and no one will watch remaining days

They are apparently "barking" at each other at least according to the promoter. Though I see another typo in Shaw's comment likely by the promoter or tangled words by Shaw "there is no way he can't beat me now"

Name:  mmp.JPG
Views: 594
Size:  33.7 KB

Old
  (#38)
TATE
AzB Gold Mensch
TATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

08-08-2019, 11:49 AM

Those odds, money lines, games on the wire and over/under are truly a fantasy.

If anybody likes Shaw for those lines or the over, PM me.

Visit my historic cues site:
www.palmercollector.com

Old
  (#39)
skip100
AzB Silver Member
skip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond repute

08-08-2019, 11:56 AM

"there is no way he can't beat me now"

Quote of the year.

Old
  (#40)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
08-08-2019, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan View Post
+1
Race to 100000 is getting old.
First of all , it isn't really race to 100 if they take long sleep break each day. True Race to 100 is race to 100 without any sleep except short toilet, meals breaks. I would watch all 3 days if it is True Race to 100 , that would be interesting
Secondly, sets of shorter ensures best performances from both. If someone leads by 20 racks in this race to 100, it is 99% of the time over and no one will watch remaining days

They are apparently "barking" at each other at least according to the promoter. Though I see another typo in Shaw's comment likely by the promoter or tangled words by Shaw "there is no way he can't beat me now"

Attachment 526656
Freudian slip. Shaw knows he's the dog in this one.

On a side note, I am gonna play a friend of mine a set of 9b. Anyone want to bet on it? Either side is fine. We, errrr I don't care.

Old
  (#41)
gxman
AzB Silver Member
gxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond repute

08-08-2019, 12:00 PM

Race to 100 really is boring. There is zero intensity until a player reaches around 85 or 90.

Old
  (#42)
poolhustler
AzB Silver Member
poolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 3500

08-08-2019, 12:02 PM

I love long races and the best of 5 formats as well...….

"Then again...you may be the Antichrist"

Old
  (#43)
spartan
AzB Silver Member
spartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond repute

Talking 08-08-2019, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TATE View Post
Those odds, money lines, games on the wire and over/under are truly a fantasy.

If anybody likes Shaw for those lines or the over, PM me.
That is while they call it "fantasy lines".
Fantasy lines sound like "sex phone"
Name:  mfan.JPG
Views: 694
Size:  31.5 KB

Are they getting risky by being risque

Name:  mr.JPG
Views: 696
Size:  89.8 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Balled View Post
Freudian slip. Shaw knows he's the dog in this one.

On a side note, I am gonna play a friend of mine a set of 9b. Anyone want to bet on it? Either side is fine. We, errrr I don't care.
lol
Would be fishy if MMP is also collecting bets
Has there ever been any stable manager/agent putting up match between both his horses?

Old
  (#44)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member

iusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1470

08-08-2019, 12:18 PM

I'd also like to comment on these "stables". Come on, do any of you think for a second there are any allegiances to a "stable". Pool players are independent. That is the whole reason they are pool players and don't have a straight job. That is the whole reason pool players can't stand leagues, there is a commitment with leagues of you have to be at location xyz for ijk hours. You can do whatever the hell you want if you are a real pool player. Any of these player in this or other "stables" will sure as shit play any match under the sun if they have a backer, any backer, whether that backer is some random dude off the street or another "stable".

Old
  (#45)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
08-08-2019, 12:32 PM

The Pinoy players appear to be pretty loyal, a decade ago you had quite a few in the islands that were active.

Domestically, I'd mainly agree with you, though the allegiances seem to be on/off, based on geographical location of the player. Of course, we don't really know where the post comes from.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iusedtoberich View Post
I'd also like to comment on these "stables". Come on, do any of you think for a second there are any allegiances to a "stable". Pool players are independent. That is the whole reason they are pool players and don't have a straight job. That is the whole reason pool players can't stand leagues, there is a commitment with leagues of you have to be at location xyz for ijk hours. You can do whatever the hell you want if you are a real pool player. Any of these player in this or other "stables" will sure as shit play any match under the sun if they have a backer, any backer, whether that backer is some random dude off the street or another "stable".

Page 3 of 30 123 4513 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: