What are the Craziest things you've gambled for?

Floppage

True Beginner
Silver Member
It was karaoke night at the bar we were playing at and we came up with this bet.

Winner got to pick the song that the loser had to sing.

I don't think I have ever played a better game of 8 ball. Ever!

Chicken_Blood

Carpe Poultry
Silver Member
Once played pool against my wife for the ability to say "I am right, that's it, conversation over". I saved it for awhile then used it in a huge argument about something. She honored the bet and has never brought it up again.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
I gambled this girl for some <ahem> favors

Haha. I did that once too. We got back to my place, she whispered in my ear, "what kind of favor would you like first"?

I whispered back, you can do the dishes, let me know when yer done and I will get you a pail of soap to wash the truck.

Strange, I never saw her again after that day. Wonder why.

Baron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Once played pool against my wife for the ability to say "I am right, that's it, conversation over". I saved it for awhile then used it in a huge argument about something. She honored the bet and has never brought it up again.

Hahaha this is amazing

Chicken_Blood

Carpe Poultry
Silver Member
played a set of one pocket once, $100 against my holey shoes...if i lost I had to sign the shoes and hand them on the wall of the Tulsa Billiards palace....i won that set lol

Beat a jackoff cowboy in college out of his hat....guy was extremely pissed

Another extreme dirtbag whom i could have just let the crowd beat the snot out of. I played against in college, 1 game $300 to see whom ever had to gtfo the place and never come back. Put a country ass whoopin on him and told that possum to never show back up.

Man I got my ass handed to me at the Palace. I think it's gone now.

teedotaj

teedot oohhhhhh
Silver Member
Well as per popular demand, here is the other Smorgie classic I mentioned earlier:

An oldie, but a goodie, posted by me almost 12 years ago in RSB. This is for the young uns:

I made up the name SONRA (using an 8 ball as the 'O') when Billy Songy and Billy Rainey were preparing to open a lounge/poolroom in New Orleans (Kenner).

On any given night, you might find a who's who of pool in the joint, such as Buddy Hall, Benny "The Goose", Bill Stack, New York Blackie, Cliff Brown, Whoppie, Painter, Dan Louie and me and my running buddies and anyone that played pool in New Orleans.

From 1997:
Subject: Bar Bets (Hoist On Your Own Petard)

One night I was hanging out at the Sonra Lounge (tucked in behind the cinema and on a canal) on Vets Hwy. in New Orleans,it was THE action spot from the mid 70's to the mid 80's and EVERY form of hustle was run
AND bet on in this bar.

On this particular night a stranger says to everyone and no-one in particular," I can KNOCK DOWN the headpin in a bowling alley with a playing card." Twenty heads swiveled at the same time to see who had made this claim.
The stranger says," I'll stand at the foul line and I get to throw the complete deck and I'll knock the front pin over." So, right away I pipe up with ,"yeah,you'll leave all the cards in the box and throw the whole box."(Which would still be a pretty neat trick) The stranger says," no,I'm going to throw the cards ONE card at a time and I get to use the whole deck." So, once again I butt in and say," sure,you're going to tape one of the cards to a bowling ball or some other object and then throw it and knock over the pin." He says,"Nope,it will be knocked over with only one card or else I lose."

Well, it just so happens that there's a bowling alley about 3-4 blocks up the street, which is closed,BUT,the manager comes to this bar every night after closing and is willing to re-open for all of us to make this bet (plus he wants some of the action too).
Well, everybody in the bar puts up all the cash they can afford and Billy takes some cash from the register and since no-one will stay and keep an eye on the bar,they close up and 25-30 people (poolplayers mostly and a few degenerate gamblers) empty the parking lot and drive down to the bowling alley. Since there's thirty of
us and only two of them and WE'RE holding the money,we aren't about to lose because of the "wording" of this bet. After all, there's over a $1000 riding on this.

Well, what none of us knew then (but we do now) is that a bowling pin is not completely FLAT on the bottom and this stranger,squatted down low and slung the 1st card out of a brand new deck AND lo & behold, it slid UNDER the front edge of that pin. And as he continued to throw,each subsequent card slid at what looked like a
hundred miles an hour and landed under the pin OR a previously thrown card. After a few more throws,you could see the light dawning on the faces of thirty very unhappy campers (including my total net worth betting ass) The pin started to lean and while still holding a few cards the next throw toppled the pin.You could have heard a pin drop ( I just COULDN'T resist the pun) as the banker handed over all our cash. I mean , he did what he claimed and he got paid.

That night was one of the saddest nights ever back at the Sonra Lounge as everyone sat around bumming drinks and blaming each other for taking the bet. I'd like to say that it was the last time I went tapped betting on someone's hustle,but I'd be lying. Once a sucker,always a
sucker. Oh, and long before he was on TV, Harry Anderson came in on the hustle and snagged quite a few of us (he shot pretty good pool too). I believe that he was arrested while he was in N.O.
Also, Waylon Flowers came in and got drunk after his last local performance and then sent a gofer back to his hotel room for his puppet "MADAME" (the old-broad puppet,from Hollywood Squares) and put on the FUNNIEST most risque' show that I've ever seen in my life. What a dirty mouth on that old broad.
Someday,I'll tell you about the guy that swallowed the pool stick.

Doug
(*<~ Big Fish EAT Little Fish ~>*)

*Happy 64th Birthday to Pelican today.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=121093&highlight=smorg+bowling

bflojosh

The sneakiest sneaky
Silver Member
Haha. I did that once too. We got back to my place, she whispered in my ear, "what kind of favor would you like first"?

I whispered back, you can do the dishes, let me know when yer done and I will get you a pail of soap to wash the truck.

Strange, I never saw her again after that day. Wonder why.

hahaha I didn't even get that much... she ended up with a boyfriend shortly thereafter :frown:

Dunnn51

Clear the table!
Silver Member
I'm not a big gambler,so I have no good stories to tell. I like life when the odds are in my favor. That seldom seemed to happen.

As a consolation,.... I bet myself that JB would have at least 5 posts in the thread linked below by page 3 .
(I won, he has 12 posts) :p

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=377342

Roll-on JB :grin-square:

Apocalypse2017

Welcome to the resistance
Silver Member
Oral.

Sex.

Once played a cop for his wallet and all the contents when I was like 15 (lost that one).

Played the owner of the bar for shots, ran the table. Played again for the keys to the bar (I get free shots for life :cool:).

billf59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
in 1972 I was working as an electrician and rodeoing as a hobby in in AL my dad was a fair pool player we sitting in the local pool hall one day and a guy wanted to play dad some 9 ball for 150.00 against his cow and a bull calf I told dad I would back the bet he won and a year later I sold the bull for 100.00 and kept the cow she raised me several caves o and dad wound up with a bottle and a steak

Rhea

Retired Road Player
Silver Member
In summer of 1999 a guy offered me the seven in a race to nine. He put up $200, if I lost all I had to do was sign up for three years in the army. I lost.