Any Katana II shaft reviews

gunderjj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I saw that a few ebay stores started selling a katana II shaft.
Here are the specs they list:

The Katana II shaft is taking the performance shaft market by storm, drastically reducing cue ball deflection while increasing overall play ability. Every Katana II shaft is constructed with 10 pieces of radial lamination, a shorter 3/8" ferrule and the new 11.5mm Katana Tip by Tiger.

Key Features:

Tip: 11.5mm Katana by Tiger
Ferrule: 3/8" proprietary material
Shaft: Birdseye Maple pro taper 10 piece radial lamination
Rings: Black collar (other collars available in our eBay store)
Joint: Uni-Loc (other sizes available in our eBay store)
FREE: Protective sleeve
FREE: Shipping

Anyone use one of these yet? I see that it is called KATANA BUSHIDO LOW DEFLECTION POOL CUE SHAFT on pooldogs. I tend to like a 11.75mm shaft so I am thinking of picking one of these up.

Last edited:

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The original Katana shaft was/is a very nice shaft for the price. The new ones seems to be made by Tiger. 11.5 is too small for me, but it must be great if you`re a real straight shooter.
Such a shame the Katana shafts don`t come in 30" length.

gunderjj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
shaft....

I bought one and they are sold out so it is coming early next month I believe. I will give it a try and give a review. With all the positive reviews of the katana shaft I am hoping that the katana II shaft will be just as good. Price is not bad so it was worth a try for me.

gunderjj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
review......

I got the katana 2 shaft yesterday. After a day of playing with it I had to get a new tip put on it. The other tip was a tiger medium and it was not a good tip for me. I had them put on a kamui black soft. I will give it a few more days with this tip and update my review of the shaft.

gunderjj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
katana review....

I was going to wait about a week for a review, but after tonight I am sold. This is the second night I have had numerous break and runs with this shaft. It shoots like a dream. Before I was shooting with a lucasi hybrid zero flex slim, but this shaft is a little better I have to say. Anyone interested in getting one try it out. First thing get rid of the tip. It was horrible. I put on a kamui soft and it plays great. This shaft has low deflection and play similar to a standard shaft in my opinion. With the 11.5 mm size and a kamui tip I am able to put huge amounts of spin on the ball when needed.

Last edited:

ajie

Registered
nice review, there's a local seller in my country that sells katana, but im not familiar with it, not a lot player using it as far as i know..

can you tell me how it hit? how's the deflection compare to your previous shaft? or perhaps you can compare it with 314" shaft..

gunderjj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
update...................

Sorry I did not see this. I think this shaft has a stiff hit compared to the predator shafts I have used. It is not as stiff as the mcdermott shafts though. Never used OB so can not compare there. As far as deflection I would compare it to the Z shaft, but I think the Z shaft has a little bit less deflection. The Katana is a good shaft for the money though.

nancewayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Katana II shaft reviews

When you compare the shaft, it would help to know which joint it is coupled to and the weight of the shaft. I know a 3/8x10 flat faced or a 3/8x8 flat face, both screw into the wood. Those shafts are often lighter than other joint sizes that use a metal seat. So the weight has a lot to do with the "stiff hit" as the taper may be stronger and use more wood.

Sorry I did not see this. I think this shaft has a stiff hit compared to the predator shafts I have used. It is not as stiff as the mcdermott shafts though. Never used OB so can not compare there. As far as deflection I would compare it to the Z shaft, but I think the Z shaft has a little bit less deflection. The Katana is a good shaft for the money though.

gunderjj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
shaft..

uniloc joint and I believe the shaft is around 3.6 oz if I remember right.