Why are Orcollo and Arenas not in the Pro Event at SBE?

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
So why is the #5 and #8 player in the world not in the Pro Event at the SBE? Roy said it was a “long story” but I’ve got time to hear it.

Instead they played in the Pro Am on bar tables.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I was wondering the same thing. I have been watching both of them the last few days out running the nutz against amateur players for fat stacks.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I was wondering the same thing. I have been watching both of them the last few days out running the nutz against amateur players for fat stacks.

They will win more there than if they had played in the tournament! And won't have to take a check either!

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You've gotta love love the state of pool in this country. I get chasing the $$$ but its still kinda chicken-s^*t imo.

oneshotwiss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Glad you figured it out. Besides, they don't want their Fargo rates to go up lol

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
You've gotta love love the state of pool in this country. I get chasing the $$$ but its still kinda chicken-s^*t imo.

They did go up there, planning to play in the tournament! They had called ahead and said they were coming. After that I don't know what happened.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does Hopkins run this or just put his name on it? Sounds like a complete cluster you-know-what to me.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not sure if this is the case, but the pro event always seems to fill up ahead of time. Maybe they thought they were in, but somebody dropped the ball by not putting their names on the list. Maybe they did not have their entry fee in on time. I'm not sure what the case is.

But, yeah, they can make more money in action games than tournaments at the SBE. Been there and done that. Ka-ching! :grin-square:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
What happened was Alan forgot to tell his assistant,

Kind of reminds me of when Barry forgot to tell anyone to put Allen's name in the draw for the U.S. Open. He got in anyway, after the fact. Too bad Allen couldn't do the same for Dennis and James. I guess it was different this time since Allen did not directly benefit.

Keith E.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kind of reminds me of when Barry forgot to tell anyone to put Allen's name in the draw for the U.S. Open. He got in anyway, after the fact. Too bad Allen couldn't do the same for Dennis and James. I guess it was different this time since Allen did not directly benefit.

I remember that Jay. You did the right thing IMHO.

Keith

icucybe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yup, Roy said Dennis called Allen himself two weeks before tournament to sign up and James. Allen told him to pay when they arrive, when they arrived they gave Allen the money and he told them to pick up the badges. When they went they where told they are not on the list. Long story short Allen forgot to tell his assistant and add them in. Tournament was full at that time and Allen couldn't do anything to get them in.

GideonF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yup, Roy said Dennis called Allen himself two weeks before tournament to sign up and James. Allen told him to pay when they arrive, when they arrived they gave Allen the money and he told them to pick up the badges. When they went they where told they are not on the list. Long story short Allen forgot to tell his assistant and add them in. Tournament was full at that time and Allen couldn't do anything to get them in.

Based on the action I saw Dennis getting in the Action Room, I'm sure it was a better result for him. When I walked in, Dennis was spotting a guy 14-3 in 1p and stealing.

justabrake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So why is the #5 and #8 player in the world not in the Pro Event at the SBE? Roy said it was a “long story” but I’ve got time to hear it.

Instead they played in the Pro Am on bar tables.

Because neither wanted to take a dive for Dechaine to win :smile:

Thats the answer Orcollo doesn't want to travel and donate money and time

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Because neither wanted to take a dive for Dechaine to win :smile:

Thats the answer Orcollo doesn't want to travel and donate money and time

That's pretty comical since he travels thousands of miles to do just that and his window is always open , I'm more than sure Mike can get action with either anytime he wants and the fact is yes the fact they called in Alan made the mistake of not telling his assistant , Mike is a underdog to his shadow in a long set for big cash

Last edited:

justabrake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's pretty comical since he travels thousands of miles to do just that and his window is always open , I'm more than sure Mike can get action with either anytime he wants and the fact is yes the fact they called in Alan made the mistake of not telling his assistant , Mike is a underdog to his shadow in a long set for big cash

I’m a real funny guy I have a great sense of humor ;)