Is this product obsolete?

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
I still have one of these: https://www.pooldawg.com/product/longoni-pool-cue-extension

I rarely ever take it to the pool hall and don't even use it at home. With all the different cue extensions on the market today, is this an obsolete product, and would I get laughed at down at the pool hall for using it (not that I'd give a $hit)?

Does anyone else on the forum still use this product?

Maniac

AlienObserver

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know if you were joking about getting laughed at for using it...

I personally have a screw on type of extension for my cue, but only because I have a poison cue and it already had the treads on the butt to accept the Predator extension and I thought that I would use it more just because it's so easy and fast to screw on and off (I was right). But before knowing this, I was thinking of getting one of those

But there are some people in the area that use this type of extension, I've never heard a bad word for them, only good stuff. (Like "oh, this is compatible with my cue also? nice, I want one too")

Los Gatos Taki

Registered
I still see several extensions of this type being sold on eBay.
However, today, I believe more players are going to the screw into the butt cap type when possible.
I have a similar style as in question, but stopped using it. I have not been able to find a screw in butt type brand/model that fits my cue. I would have to send cue to maker and he would have to rebuild my cue butt to fit a screw in. It would take at least 3 weeks and $$$$$.

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
I think they are only obsolete if you're cue has the capability to accept a screw in extension. I had a similar product before Pechauer came out with their extension that fit my cue. The downsides were that it was much heavier, larger, harder to transport, and uglier than my screw in extension. But if I was competing and that was my only option I'd have one.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I still have one of these: https://www.pooldawg.com/product/longoni-pool-cue-extension

I rarely ever take it to the pool hall and don't even use it at home. With all the different cue extensions on the market today, is this an obsolete product, and would I get laughed at down at the pool hall for using it (not that I'd give a $hit)?

Does anyone else on the forum still use this product?

Maniac

The things "I" consider obsolete have only one requirement:

Be something "I dont need or want"...... regardless of what others want or need.

To be specific to your question, I have one of those and use it when I play on a 6×12 and get poor position. Otherwise, it sits in my pool cabinet.

Scratch85

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
been playing for 50 years and never needed or thought one would be beneficial.

i guess thats why the weaker league players carry a suitcase full of gimmicks to play.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member

i guess thats why the weaker league players carry a suitcase full of gimmicks to play.

Ernesto Dominguez must be a weak player.
First I saw one used was by Ernesto Dominguez back in 2001 or so.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Jesus.. typical old man. Never tried one but it’s a gimmick smh They work great and our much easier to use then a bridge. Nothing wrong with using one if you can’t get a regular extension on your cue. I have one but it’s to bulky to keep in my case.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
Does it still work for you when you needed?

Absolutely...but I still rarely use it. When I had rotator cuff surgery years ago, I was not able to extend my bridge arm out past the side pocket of a 7' table and I got VERY adept at using the mechanical bridge, so it's my first choice when a longer reach is needed. But, there comes that occasional time when you just cannot get the mechanical bridge where you need it to be and the extension is a better option.

Maniac

Toxictom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
$5 shopvac tube works too...teammate uses one.

I was shooting at home and saw a vacuum tube laying around and decided to try it. It works but it does give a hollow ring to the hit. I keep it handy but don't use it in anything other than practice.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i use it almost every time i play. fitting a screw on extension is not possible on my cue, and i hardly ever use the rest. it has served me well, i bought it in italy for 40$