Introducing a NEW custom "Wheat" stock cue line !!!

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
WheatCues said:
Not at the present moment !!!

In my honest opinion.... I have hit with a full-splice and the traditional half-splice cue built from the same cuemaker and as a "PLAYER" I cannot tell he difference...

Especially since the majority of the playability and hit is comprised of the shaft's, taper, ferrule and tip, and the rest is a combination of the forearm joint collar and pin....

Building full splice cues is a whole different beast and I have alot of respect for those particular cuemakers who specialize in their construction due to the fact that there are other contributing factors in the equation that make it a little more of a tedious process.

If you have any questions please feel free to call me anytime... I would feel more comfortable discussing this in a more candid manner due to the fact that I do NOT want to step on any regarding the practicality of the full-splice configuration.

Sincerely, Eddie Wheat 321-631-1827

Eddie....I appreciate your candor with this post. While *I* disagree as to the difference between a full and short splice, from a players standpoint, I may well be just an odd bird. ;) Could be that I have become hyper-sensitive to vibrations, having lived in earthquake country for a while...LoL. I think for a lot of people, the 'difference' they may feel may well be in that very, very often, a FS will just feel stiffer overall, unless, of course, the shaft has been constructed in such a way as to 'soften' that perceived stiffness.

With all that said....I agree that there are those who are striving to craft the best FS humanly possible, and that yes, they are somewhat labor-intensive, and do tend to 'waste' more wood that perhaps a SS would. I have been curious however....as have seen PJ cues from the same maker as one of their custom crafted FS cues sell for higher asking prices. Am I missing something here?...as it would stand to reason that a cue that is more labor/material-intensive would command the higher asking price. This one definitely leaves me scratching my head. :confused:

Lisa

WheatCues

Banned
ridewiththewind said:
Eddie....I appreciate your candor with this post. While *I* disagree as to the difference between a full and short splice, from a players standpoint, I may well be just an odd bird. ;) Could be that I have become hyper-sensitive to vibrations, having lived in earthquake country for a while...LoL. I think for a lot of people, the 'difference' they may feel may well be in that very, very often, a FS will just feel stiffer overall, unless, of course, the shaft has been constructed in such a way as to 'soften' that perceived stiffness.

With all that said....I agree that there are those who are striving to craft the best FS humanly possible, and that yes, they are somewhat labor-intensive, and do tend to 'waste' more wood that perhaps a SS would. I have been curious however....as have seen PJ cues from the same maker as one of their custom crafted FS cues sell for higher asking prices. Am I missing something here?...as it would stand to reason that a cue that is more labor/material-intensive would command the higher asking price. This one definitely leaves me scratching my head. :confused:

Lisa

I guess I should have been a little more clear with my post.....

Yes thier is a definite difference between the two for obvious reasons and that dictates a difference in the hit between them....

What I was trying to say, is that as a serious "player" for over 21yrs. I cannot personally tell a difference large enough in the "feedback" to warrant the preference either way !!! especially considering the vast majority of the hit and playablilty is in the shaft...

CASE IN POINT: if you put a predator 314 shaft on ANY cue ... it now plays like a predator 314 and NOT like the cue w/ original shaft so if the butt makes that big of a difference than it wouldn't be that noticable when you change shafts and utilize one with different tapers and/or configurations....

I know I need to be a little more thorough with my posts sometimes, so I appologize if I sounded like I was intending them to feel EXACTLY the same... due to the "feedback" aspect of it !

Since there's a huge difference when referencing the "hit" "playability" and "feedback" and one should not be confused with the other....

- Eddie Wheat

Last edited: