update of my stroke

Das928

Banned
Looks good to me but I cant throw stones. I was gonna suggest using the bottle. It helped me in my earlier days and I still go back to it

mannydawg

Registered
Your stroke looks MUCH better than it did in the previous film. Not perfect, but better. You still have some problems to work on though. One of them is your bridge hand. Review the film, and you will see that many times, you do not have a solid bridge. At times your fingers look like you are playing the piano while you are stroking. Your hand should be solid on the table with no movement.

I see you drew a line on the table. But, in the film you never utilized it. Also, if you watch close, you can see movement of your bridge arm while stroking. There should be NO movement there also. Have you done a search on stroke on here? Has it helped you any?

yes i am trying to get rid of the finger movement and i almost have it, and yes i drew the line to practice but the bottle kept rolling off so i couldn't utilize it in the video. but take in count that i has only been one day since i switched my stoke so i think i made a huge improvement as it is so far. but i will try to get my bride hand not to move at all and keep my hand planted without moving my fingers. thanks for the comment i had not noticed the movement of my arm my fingers i noticed with this video. i will give it a week before posting another update if i feel that i still need to.

scottyr44

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i've never seen the bottle trick it seems good for a rough fix of a stroke but the best by far is joe tuckers third eye trainer it is cheap i think less than 15 bucks it works better due to the fact that using a bottle you have a aiming point ( the hole in the bottle) now when you go to a white cueball and add in the fact you are trying to aim at a point on a object ball this is where you mind tricks you. your arm works on muscle memory while your mind figures out how to hit that spot on the object ball. A test would be line your shaft up in the hole at full extension of your stroke then go to your starting point, here comes the fun part close your eyes and stroke like you do in your video. I will be willing to bet you don't make it past 3 or 4 strokes with out hitting the bottle.

mannydawg

Registered
i've never seen the bottle trick it seems good for a rough fix of a stroke but the best by far is joe tuckers third eye trainer it is cheap i think less than 15 bucks it works better due to the fact that using a bottle you have a aiming point ( the hole in the bottle) now when you go to a white cueball and add in the fact you are trying to aim at a point on a object ball this is where you mind tricks you. your arm works on muscle memory while your mind figures out how to hit that spot on the object ball. A test would be line your shaft up in the hole at full extension of your stroke then go to your starting point, here comes the fun part close your eyes and stroke like you do in your video. I will be willing to bet you don't make it past 3 or 4 strokes with out hitting the bottle.

actually when i line up for a shot i can close my eyes and make the shot 90 percent of the time if i'm aligned correct.and well i don't know if i would be able to stoke in the bottle that is something i should try. and well I've been considering the third eye trainer for about a week but i think it is an investment worth making which i will.

scottyr44

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
also using the third eye trainer inbetween two rows of balls while practice stroking a cue ball will pretty much make you wanna kill yourself until you can do it well then you will feel like you can take on the world lol good luck

Jason Robichaud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You won't have anyone picking that apart. They might suggest a thing or two but a huge improvement. Looks great! Only thing I have is, a little fast, but that might be just for the video. Great job!

mannydawg

Registered
i ordered Joe tuckers third eye and hopefully it helps improve my stoke even more. i played today using a straighter stroke and i was pocketing balls that i never do. my speed went up by like 10 points from one day to the next with just one day of practice aligning my stoke.a flaw in my game was found and that was holding me back and i started correcting it and my game improved right away. thanks for the tips.