Break Cues - Need Help

TheCutShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I need your help guys, I've been wanting to get a good Break Cue for some time now and the only one that I really know anything about is the BK2. I've read some things on this forum that are not all that positive about the BK2 and I've also heard that the ferrules can shatter or break if you're overly aggressive with it.

I've heard good things about Mike Gulyassy's Orange Crusher Break Cue and the price is much more reasonable compared to the BK2, but have never gotten to talk to anyone that has actually hit with one. So if you have one, let me know how you like it, or any problems you have with it.

There is also a post on here about the Mezz Break Cue that's positive, but I've never hit with any Mezz cue, so I have no idea how it might play.

Any info on the above named cues or any other Break Cue would be appreciated.

barking

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
J&j

ive used a wide variety of break cues and my J&J palmwood jump break works as well or better than any of them. 60$ from KOINNKID.

jmoschgat

Be the ball, Danny.
Silver Member
ive used a wide variety of break cues and my J&J palmwood jump break works as well or better than any of them. 60$ from KOINNKID.

or ask koinnkid about his TNT break cues. I have one and its very very good.

RBC

Deceased
thecutshot

Take a look on our website.

www.obcues.com

You'll find our OB Break cue there. They break the balls very well, give excellent control, and are made 100% in the USA.

We're not the cheapest, but we build quality high performance products and stand behind them. If you find one you like, don't hesitate to search it out on Google. We have many dealers out there who can give a little better price than on our website. Our site is brand new, and our dealer list is not complete yet, so it's not quite complete.

Royce Bunnell
www.obcues.com

deadnutz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Orange Crusher breaks as good as anything. My dad has one for sale that's about 6 months old. He has a sledgehammer and decided to stick with the Jump Break rather than a dedicated break cue. I broke about 10 racks with his Crusher and it feels the same as my sledgehammer. If your interested in it PM me and I will give you his handle here and you can contact him.
In my opinion anything made by Gulyassy breaks good.

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

They are hands down the best break cue on the market for the price. i've always really wanted a Jerico Stinger though. i recently tried the OB break shaft and i was really happy with it. i think it'd be great to play with too

Rocket354

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

very much this. Or you can pay 5X as much for "eh, I guess it might break better..."

TheCutShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Choice Made

Ok, thanks for everyones help & input. I've made my choice, now I just have to come up with the Money.

I appreciate everyones input & advice.

Thank You
Sam

Last edited:

acousticsguru

player/instructor
Silver Member
Most top player in our neck of the woods have a BK2. No problems except that I hear one (maybe two) either warped or weren't too straight to begin with. Great break cue, guess there are others just as good, but of the so-called handful "best", this is so common it's easy to get a good deal.

Greetings from Switzerland, David.

„J'ai gâché vingt ans de mes plus belles années au billard. Si c'était à refaire, je recommencerais.“ – Roger Conti