Jumping...

SlewFootLag

Registered
Any tips on jumping with a full playing cue? I have a fairly reliable jump with a full break cue(phenolic tip).

So I recently threw a Kamui Hard tip on my daily player; figuring that a firmer tip would help me get a little more pop. I didn't think it would be miracle cure, but I'll be damned if I can't get any air under that pesky cue ball...

Maybe its just so damn easy to jump with those jump/break cues that you don't have to stroke it CORRECTLY to get the ball consistently air-born? It feels like im trying to "ollie" with cowboy boots on... (sorry for the skateboard reference). Any thoughts?

Thanks, Dave

Donny Lutz

Ferrule Cat
Silver Member
jumping

Any tips on jumping with a full playing cue? I have a fairly reliable jump with a full break cue(phenolic tip).

So I recently threw a Kamui Hard tip on my daily player; figuring that a firmer tip would help me get a little more pop. I didn't think it would be miracle cure, but I'll be damned if I can't get any air under that pesky cue ball...

Maybe its just so damn easy to jump with those jump/break cues that you don't have to stroke it CORRECTLY to get the ball consistently air-born? It feels like im trying to "ollie" with cowboy boots on... (sorry for the skateboard reference). Any thoughts?

Thanks, Dave

The weight of the cue, the hardness of the tip, the angle of elevation of the cue and the force of the stroke all affect how well the cue ball will jump. This is true no matter what length of cue you're using.

Have you considered working with an instructor?

SFC9ball

JimBaker PBIA Instructor
Silver Member
Jumping

The weight of the cue, the hardness of the tip, the angle of elevation of the cue and the force of the stroke all affect how well the cue ball will jump. This is true no matter what length of cue you're using.

Have you considered working with an instructor?

Everything Donny has said here and try loosening your grip :thumbup: