Request of Players HXT owners

Player

I'm your huckleberry
Silver Member
Hello,

I'm very curious to know how much deflection the HXT cues have. I've been researching without much luck, but found this cool post by dr_dave showing that, if you know the natural pivot length you also know the deflection.

All we need to do is this test, but of course, I don't have an HXT to experiment with. Have any of you done this test? If not, would someone be willing to test and report back?

Thanks

The one I have has a natural pivot length of 14 1/8". Hope that helps, just saw this post.

paulhamilton

There is a video in this link showing the deflection. http://selectbilliards.com/product/players-hxt90/. I own an HXT, and it is a solid cue. Low deflection, lots of spin, and a solid hit. The kamui soft tip that comes stock is fantastic. It really grabs the ball well. In this video it will show that it deflects quite a bit, but in practice, I find it quite manageable. I don't use much left or right on long shots but if I do, the deflection seems to be about an inch to a half an inch depending on speed, but its hard to say if my estimate is accurate because I am basing that on feel.

EddieBme

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is a video in this link showing the deflection. http://selectbilliards.com/product/players-hxt90/. I own an HXT, and it is a solid cue. Low deflection, lots of spin, and a solid hit. The kamui soft tip that comes stock is fantastic. It really grabs the ball well. In this video it will show that it deflects quite a bit, but in practice, I find it quite manageable. I don't use much left or right on long shots but if I do, the deflection seems to be about an inch to a half an inch depending on speed, but its hard to say if my estimate is accurate because I am basing that on feel.

Have you compared the HXT to any of the more popular LD shafts?

paulhamilton

No, unfortunately I have only tried other shafts like a 314 2 a few times, but not enough to give an accurate comparison. On http://selectbilliards.com he does other videos on more popular low deflection shafts. Based on his videos, it would be comparable to the Lucasi Zero flex point hybrid. The venom 2 scored slightly better, the 314 2 slightly better than it, and the 314 3 had the lowest deflection scores for 12.75-13mm tip sizes.

Last edited:

boosaboos

Registered
I just got my Players hxte5 a couple days ago, and played with it for the first time last night.

It was a bit difficult to get used to the first hour I was using it. But boy once I figured it out and adjusted to it, it was a dream to play with!

The tip hugs the cue ball just right on the hits, I didn't miscue at all. Spins great.

You get a really solid hit, I'd say its like a mix of a low deflection shaft and a standard shaft, kind of in the middle.

I'm just used to playing with a standard shaft and I've been wanting to try a low deflection shaft for the longest time, but I think the hxt is a good fit / transition period for me for now.