Michael Capone or Steve Klapp

gamalier lozada

Registered
Hello,

I'm looking around for a custom cue amd within my budet I found a Michael Capone and a Steve Klapp that I really like. Just want to weight what will be better or pros and cons of either one. This will be my main player until I comission something to be build. I currently use a Meucci HP-1 with Red Dot shaft and a Pechauer Pro Series P-11 with OB Pro shaft. I know that either one will blow the ones I have currently so J want feefback on how they shoot, etc. Thanks for the help!!

jlrowe

Billiards,Boxing & Babes
Silver Member
Can't really compare the two, because never owned a SK. But I know a Mike Capone cue is top notch. If you hold farther back on the butt of the cue like i do, it will feel really good. Also i recommend having a hard tip put on it. Really brings out the hit and moves the cue ball really well.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
The taper Steve uses is fantastic. Best response in a cue out there, at any price point

gamalier lozada

Registered
Thanks for the comments. When ahead and bought the Klapp and a Treadway too. The Treadway was spot on with the balance point I like. The Klapp was too forward but I got it drilled and tap to add a weight screw. After that it went from night to day, plus it increased the overall weight from 18.4 to 19.4 which I prefer. Can't be happier with the results.

islandboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just wanted to add my thoughts. You can't go wrong with a Capone. Mike makes a very sweet hitting cue, and top notch workmanship.