Custom cues made in Philippines

justmedude2001

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have some...

I have 3 custom cues made by ronnie powell, Que Perfect or QP Cues out of the phillipines. he is an american though not a philipino. absolutely love his work!

Three.Two.N.D.

Pogi_One
Silver Member
I have a Viattorre, the one in my avatar, and absolutely love it. Looks great and hits even better. Both shafts are still straight too.

sygfrid

alaskador
Silver Member
I have 6...

4 Viattorre's and play cue & jump/break set Jazz Cues by Tony Bautista
:wink:

santamaria

Wrapless pls ;)
Silver Member
Al bautista

I purchased a Al bautista about month and a half ago and I couldn't put it down. I sure love the feel and hit of it.
I played with a predator cue and shafts into all sorts of custom cues I have and owned. Its not very stiff and yet it hit very solid. I owned cues from local cue makers to bluegrass.
You won't regret picking up an Al Bautista. Give it a shot!
Might just be your best purchase.

jrackman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Audrick Cue sucks

I have a Audrick 1of1 beautiful cue but shafts don't line up correctly at the joint and both warped within 3 months. I emailed Patrick who was great customer service when I bought, but not when I emailed him about the warped butts, never heard from him again. I can't give this away and will have a nice jump stick one day or a heck of a nice fire...lol

wagdad

Yup, I'm that Guy.
Silver Member
Phillipine cues

My very first custom cue was an Audrick, Patrick Hermans cue. It came with nice inlays, ivory ferruls and solid ivory joint. It has a forward balance and has gotten a ton of compliments. Shafts are straight, maybe a little taper roll. My opinion is, if you are going to buy an Audrick cue, buy his "Hi-End" cues. And pay attention to what woods are used and the joint used aswell.

Russell Cues

Maverick Cue Builder
Silver Member
I have an Audrick somewhere in a case, it has a ton of inlays, the butt and both shafts are still straight and it plays jam up, but as mentioned earlier, I wont touch one of these cues anymore for repair. The last time I touched one for repair wind up costing me not the customer, never again.

barking

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
bebot bautista

got a bebot bautista with a solid ivory joint and 2 shafts and i think its the best hit ive felt and iv had a few. nice stuff. looks great too

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
Ramin wood, ramin noodles.. exactly the same...

add moisture.. go limp like a pecker in a convelescent home... :p

JV

tpdtom

Really Old School
Silver Member
I was in Manila for 20 days recently and stayed 2 blocks from the famed "One Side". I was fortunate enough to see and hit a few balls with cues from several top Filipino makers. I chose to have two cues made by Tony Bautista, AKA Jazz Cues. Great guy, reasonable prices, fantastic workmanship. You might decide to add a Mezz shaft as I did. Unfortunately, there are very few climate or humidity controlled shops there. Warpage can definitely be a problem.

Dgem and Joyren from this forum can help you contact Tony and they are absolutely trustworthy. They forward a computer generated design of your cue and all specs listed before they accept a deposit to begin work...Tom

desi2960

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
bad warping

about 10-12 years ago i bought a couple of beautiful cues from the philipines, very nice ivory, pearl, and abalone. within 3 weeks they both warped as bad as they looked good.
i am sure there are some great builders there, but i would make sure i get a no warping guarantee.

chuck

Diamond Jack

9-ball Player
Silver Member

the second from left is an Audrick, over four years old and nothing warped.
The cue plays a little bit Meuccilike and looks good to me.
Nice Cue.

plshrk22

A Holes Billiards
Silver Member
Just picked up this Joel Dadivas JD cue. It is awesome!

DSC_0198-2.jpg

DSC_0199-2.jpg

DSC_0200-1.jpg

DSC_0201-2.jpg

DSC_0202-2.jpg

DSC_0203-2.jpg

DSC_0204-1.jpg

blackpearlmaker

Caliper User......
Silver Member
about 10-12 years ago i bought a couple of beautiful cues from the philipines, very nice ivory, pearl, and abalone. within 3 weeks they both warped as bad as they looked good.
i am sure there are some great builders there, but i would make sure i get a no warping guarantee.

chuck

Nice reminders Chuck, and make sure that if theres a problem arise, the cuemaker will do his responsibilities to fix it.

Diamond Jack

9-ball Player
Silver Member
@ plshrk22 :

Brilliant pictures from a beautiful JD Cue , awesome :thumbup:

Thank you for posting this Eye Candy.

Hans