cuetec r360

albertinhouston

Hi all,
First post. quick back ground. Obviously im from Houston (user name) I've only been playing about 8 months. by that I mean trying to actually get better not just hanging out drinking with my buddies. My wife runs two 8 ball leagues and a weekly 9 ball tournement. She wanted a table at home so we bought one, so while she is always shooting pool i have nothing to do but practice on those nights. I ruffly shoot about 20-25 hours minimum a week. Generally speaking my learning curve has been fairly quick compared the (AVERAGE) league players. Only because I have time to practice ALOT. lol
By no means do I think i'm good and I know I have a lot to learn.

So here is my question.
I have a regular Cuetec cue stick, nothing fancy (I think the shaft is a SST). A friend of mine was explaining deflection to me and his OB2 is more accurate than mine. I like the idea of it but I don't want to spend the money for a new OB2 CUE. I'd rather buy a a shaft for mine and only spend $140 or so.

Couple of questions on the r360 shaft.
All I have to compare it to is the OB2.

Size: what is the difference? does the 360 have the same size tip on it like the SST or is it a smaller one like on the OB2?
Is it an all wood shaft or is it like the SST-Fiberglass exterior (I might have the material wrong though).
I went to a couple of local shops but they didn't have any for me to look at.
Sorry the post is abit long.
Thanks in advance,
Albert

McChen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the sst shaft is 13mm, the r360 is only slightly smaller at 12.75mm. the ob-2 is very thin at 11.75.

the r360 is a wood exterior with a composite interior.

the r360 uses the same joint pin as all other cuetecs and the joint diameter is also standardized. the collar may not match, but that's just a cosmetic issue.

the r360 is lower deflection, but not as low as the OB shaft. also be aware that either the r360 or ob-2 will likely weigh less than your SST, so it may affect the overall weight and balance. you can add more weight to the butt end on most cuetecs, but the balance will be different.

OB makes all their shafts available in a cuetec thread, so that is an option as well. you can get pretty much any aftermarket shaft made up for a cuetec...contact seyberts, KJ there is good at doing that.

albertinhouston

Awesome thank you. I am going driving around town to look for a 360 and to see different shafts in general
thanks again,
On a side note I found a 1 peice WOOD house cue at the it looked to have tip the same size as the OB2. my cut shots were GREAT everything else way way off. lol. this is the first time I could definately tell the difference in the hit of the stick.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I am a big fan of CueTec's since 1998. I have several on my wall for guests and I enjoy using a CueTec as a daily player. I'm talking about the CT's with the SST shafts. I like them so much I thought I would try a 360 CT. Just bought one a do not like it slightly. The balance does not feel right (to me). The hit of the cue is no big deal. I am returning it.

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Awesome thank you. I am going driving around town to look for a 360 and to see different shafts in general
thanks again,
On a side note I found a 1 peice WOOD house cue at the it looked to have tip the same size as the OB2. my cut shots were GREAT everything else way way off. lol. this is the first time I could definately tell the difference in the hit of the stick.

This is just my OPINION Albert, so take it for what it may, or may not be worth.....At a shaft/tip diameter of less than probably 12.5mm or so, you will start to notice some accuracy issues IMO. Figure out what is important to you in terms of what kind of game you wish to have, and adjust your equipment accordingly. Again, this is just my Opinion. All the best to you, and good luck with your new found passion...I wish you many years of enjoyment, in the game. :cool: