Overcutting shots

Ill Gotten Gain

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I always seems to be overcutting all my shots. It does not matter which side of the table I am shooting from. I overcut shots the same way either side. I don't favor one side over the other. Even when I try to make the conscious effort to hit shots fuller I still overcut.

Anyone with input as to why I am experiencing this?

Any and all input would be greatly appreciated.

quadrary

Custom Leather Cue Cases
Silver Member
it could be your head postion over your cue as in dominant eye position but could also be million other things best advise spend a little time with an instructer.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Simple solution is that you have the wrong shot image in your mind of what makes the ball go into the pocket. And or you are steering the cue. But without watching you, its impossible to tell you anything but guesses.
Chuck

Ill Gotten Gain

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the input my fellow members. I will check everything that everyone mentioned during my next practice session. Keep the input coming.

Last edited:

RWOJO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Overcutting

It is really hard to determine what is going on without seeing you. Seek out a local instructor and I am sure they will be able to determine the issue and help you get it resolved.

Alignment and head position?
Follow through straight?
Cueing with unwanted english? If so deflection/squirt? Throw?
Unwanted body movement?
Improper aiming?

There are so many possible causes. If I worked with you I'd work through narrowing down the issues to make sure what the problem is and try to get it fixed.