Frey vs Josey vs Jim Pierce

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
I've got a Josey. Would describe it's hit as stiff with great feedback...possibly because of the radial joint? I love the cue.

I'm afraid I have no experience with the others...

scottyjoe145

scottyjoe145
Silver Member
I can tell you that a Pierce has an amazing feel... one of the best feeling hits of any cue I've played with. Its a great balance of pure hit, but it can still deliver a ton and give good feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Colonel

Raised by Wolves in a Pool Hall
Silver Member
Frey's cues are the TRUTH

Why am I the Colonel? Because I always get the chicken

Busboy

Wanna Play Some?
Silver Member
I've heard nothing but good things from all these cues can't go wrong with any :thumbup::thumbup:

Nineballchamp

Certified Cue Addict
Silver Member
Imo

Having owned cues by all three makers that you have mentioned, Bob Frey's cues are supreme IMO. He made cues with Tim Scruggs for years and it shows in his finished product.

plshrk22

A Holes Billiards
Silver Member
I have owned all three of these cues and all three are fantastic players but I would still own a Pierce over them.

Not just because of playability but Pierce backs every one of his cues 100%. I am in no way saying Frey and Josey arent the same but I have done multiple deals with Jim and he has always backed his product.

So bottom line for me, I would reach out to Jim and he will set you up with a fantastic player made to your specs.

snowmon34

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've owned all 3 cues myself, and all 3 cue builders build a fine product..
I've owned several of Jim's cues, and
For me the Pierce feels just right through my fingers..
His taper is perfect, his cues are predictable, and all the cues I've owned have been consistent..

No disrespect to the other cue builders mentioned,
This is JMO...NOW GO BUY A PIERCE, YOU WON'T BE SORRY!

80P

Banned
His taper is perfect, his cues are predictable, and all the cues I've owned have been consistent..

I agree 100%, well said

edep12

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just received my Jimmie Pierce and LOVE it! Here are a couple pics, but they don't do it justice. The curly maple is SICK and the points are ridiculous!

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 1,203
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 1,163

edep12

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats!
How does it play?
Like a dream!

I don't know what he does to these shafts, but I hit a "forced follow" shot just banging balls around after I got it and the cue ball danced like I have never seen before - so much action! It was unreal!

CueMaster77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

PIERCE too

StuartTKelley

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
anyone have a comment between PIERCE and JOSEY?

I've owned a Frey and a few Josey's. I've never hit with a Pierce so I can't really comment on them but I don't recall ever hearing a bad word about him or his cues.

I loved my Frey sneaky and love my Josey which is my current player. It hits very firm and crisp. It moves the ball really well also. I've liked most every Josey I've hit with and can't say one bad word about the craftsmanship or play-ability of Keith's cues, top notch.

My Frey was an excellent player too and any of those Frey sneaky pete's that GKloop is selling are worth every penny. It also had a nice firm hit with good feedback. I still want another one.

I doubt you can go wrong as you can adjust to any cue that you play with. Fortunately for you I believe all three of these choices are excellent players so I doubt you can make a bad decision.