Whats wrong with my shot, its going to the right

fish2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On long power shots, my OB is hitting the right side of the pocket. Right now I aim at the left corner of the pocket and the I get "Nothing but Center" :D

So how do i properly correct this ?

is it my aim or my stroke that is amiss ?

Last edited:

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On long power shots, my OB is hitting the right side of the pocket. Right now I aim at the left corner of the pocket and the I get "Nothing but Center" :D

You might be inadvertently putting right english on it. That will cause the cb to squirt to the left and make the ob go to the right from the thinner hit. Try keeping a loose grip even on the power shots.

rrick33

Rick
Silver Member
I think Neil is on the right track but because it's a power stroke you're likely pushing the stroke with added forearm in order to create the added speed. This is causing you to connect poorly with the cue ball. You need to remove the "push" effect by relaxing your stroke delivery.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
I think Neil is on the right track but because it's a power stroke you're likely pushing the stroke with added forearm in order to create the added speed. This is causing you to connect poorly with the cue ball. You need to remove the "push" effect by relaxing your stroke delivery.
?

pj
chgo

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Switch sides to a different pocket. If you're shooting to a pocket on the right side of the table, shoot to one on the left side.

Do you still have the same problem?

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
IMO... More info is needed. You did not even say what direction you're cutting or if it is in both directions or if it is a straight shot. Unless I missed something in that short post, all we know is that it is on long power shots.

To give an answer while making an assumption is a poor choice, again IMO.

It could be that you're 'snatching' the cue & sending it off line or something else.

I think it would be good if you could could give some more info.

Best Wishes.

Last edited:

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
IMO... More info is needed. You did not even say what direction you're cutting or if it is in both directions or if it is a straight shot. Unless I missed something in that short post, all we know is that it is on long power shots.

To give an answer while making an assumption is a poor choice, again IMO.

It could be that you're 'snatching' the cue & sending it off line or something else.

I think it would be good if you could could give some more info.

Best Wishes.

Oh, the irony. :rolleyes:

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Oh, the irony. :rolleyes:

Go Troll someone else or learn how to comprehend other than selectively.

If only you could see how you make yourself appear to so many many others.

If this thread gets derailed it will be due to YOU & not me.

Last edited:

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
fish2,

Follow Ms. Crimi's directions, instruction, & recommendations.

You can not do better.

Good Luck.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member

If it really only happens on long power shots, then it's most likely that hitting harder is creating a hitch in your stroke.

If the results are consistent, you're lucky - simply changing your aim (to one side of the pocket) may be the best long term solution for you. Eventually it will come to look like you're aiming at center pocket - maybe by then you will be.

pj
chgo

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Neil makes a post about me ... I make a post.

Patrick Johnson makes a post about me ... I make a post.

Seems many of my posts are me responding to trolls.

And then... the trolls complain about the number of posts that I make.

It would seem that there would be a simple solution or two on how to keep my post count down.

Last edited:

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Seems many of my posts are me responding to [complaints about my posting style - which I call "trolling"].
Try listening instead.

This is a good example of what people object to: even your on-topic posts are dominated by the personal dramas in your mind. You're the only one who finds that stuff interesting - to everybody else you're a self-absorbed boor.

pj
chgo

Pidge

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Playing with a powerful cue action brings even the best cue actions into doubt. It could be a number of reasons.

Try the shot at different speeds of stroke, and number them 1-10. Start with 1, which should be just enough to pocket the ball. Then 2, a little harder. All the way through to 10 which should be as hard as you can hit it whilst staying in control of the shot. Notice at what number you start to hit the wrong part of the pocket you want. If it's at 7, this is normal as you start to lose accuracy around this speed. Playing at 7 or higher means the slightest bit of unintentional side, a little body movement and the cue balls reaction is magnified.

I've done this my self in the past when a shot caused me issues. I make a chalk mark 6 inches in front of the cue ball along the shot line and see how my cues tip is in relation to it after the shot. If it's over the chalk mark the shot is a success. It means I've cued through the white along the desired line. If I end up over the chalk mark but missed the shot, or hit a different part of the pocket it means I've either aligned wrong and cued across the ball, or I've hit it with a little bit of side spin because I wasn't aimed through centre cue ball.

Progression exercises like I've mentioned going through 1-10 can help you overcome playing with power. It points out your weaknesses at certain speeds, so when you miss you go back 2 steps and start from there. Eventually you become used to hitting these shots and you notice how shots should feel when they're successfull at slower speed, what muscles get involved and so on then you can try replicate it but just hit slightly harder.

A video would be ideal to see exactly what is going on so you can get more tailored help.

Pidge

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Playing with a powerful cue action brings even the best cue actions into doubt. It could be a number of reasons.

Try the shot at different speeds of stroke, and number them 1-10. Start with 1, which should be just enough to pocket the ball. Then 2, a little harder. All the way through to 10 which should be as hard as you can hit it whilst staying in control of the shot. Notice at what number you start to hit the wrong part of the pocket you want. If it's at 7, this is normal as you start to lose accuracy around this speed. Playing at 7 or higher means the slightest bit of unintentional side, a little body movement and the cue balls reaction is magnified.

I've done this my self in the past when a shot caused me issues. I make a chalk mark 6 inches in front of the cue ball along the shot line and see how my cues tip is in relation to it after the shot. If it's over the chalk mark the shot is a success. It means I've cued through the white along the desired line. If I end up over the chalk mark but missed the shot, or hit a different part of the pocket it means I've either aligned wrong and cued across the ball, or I've hit it with a little bit of side spin because I wasn't aimed through centre cue ball.

Progression exercises like I've mentioned going through 1-10 can help you overcome playing with power. It points out your weaknesses at certain speeds, so when you miss you go back 2 steps and start from there. Eventually you become used to hitting these shots and you notice how shots should feel when they're successfull at slower speed, what muscles get involved and so on then you can try replicate it but just hit slightly harder.

A video would be ideal to see exactly what is going on so you can get more tailored help.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
What qualifies someone to be an INSTRUCTOR in this section ?
Can you at least beat the 7-ball ghost or something tougher ?

fish2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Straight shot.
It happens on both sides...

Switch sides to a different pocket. If you're shooting to a pocket on the right side of the table, shoot to one on the left side.

Do you still have the same problem?