Calling all pro speed players

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After Siming beat Donny , Roys basement, is calling out all pro speed American players to match up with her and bet it up , not sure what he means by pro speed but I'd assume around the same Fargo rate since he was quick to mention it ,,

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After Siming beat Donny , Roys basement, is calling out all pro speed American players to match up with her and bet it up , not sure what he means by pro speed but I'd assume around the same Fargo rate since he was quick to mention it ,,

Way to completely misrepresent the post.

The post, by FargoRate (that Roys Basement shared) actually says:

Some people think Siming Chen (CHN)--world highest rated female player--would have no chance against a large number of US male players.

We disagree.

We think her Fargo Rating is reasonable and that she would beat the vast majority of US male professional-level players. We sure would like to see Siming match up with more US male pro-speed players. How about you?

Seems to me they are asking stream viewers if they would like to see her play more matches against American guys.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Now we got something! I like it. Maybe it will lead up to an actual tournament where the best women are in the field playing alongside the best men. That could be a spark that makes Pool unique and interesting among other sports.

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
I've always been a big believer that a person is only as good as their average (or Fargo Rating). In this case, the rating says that someone is better than most people think is plausible.

The bottom line is, many people are going to go broke betting against the better player, whether that player happens to be male or female. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

boogeyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've always been a big believer that a person is only as good as their average (or Fargo Rating). In this case, the rating says that someone is better than most people think is plausible.

The bottom line is, many people are going to go broke betting against the better player, whether that player happens to be male or female. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

I'll take that bet.

I'm a mid-600 player, and I'll play Siming for the cash, straight-up
Make it a race to 50 and she doesn't have to like it.
Why?
Because endurance is gonna be a factor, and pool is not all about making balls.

I feel I'm in better shape than she is, I'll out-think her, I feel my competitive drive is stronger than hers, and I'm an unknown.

Plus, I speak some Chinese, so a little barking is a-gonna happen.

No disrespect to Xiao3chen2 (anyone who has studied Chinese will understand why I called her that--it's not disrespectful), but I've never lost to a girl in my life.

Anyone want to bet?
I live in Tucson, AZ.

Last edited:

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll take that bet.

Why?

I feel I'm in better shape than she is, I'll out-think her, I feel my competitive drive is stronger than hers, and I'm an unknown.

No disrespect to Xiao3chen2 (anyone who has studied Chinese will understand why I called her that--it's not disrespectful), but I've never lost to a girl in my life.

Anyone want to bet?
I live in Tucson, AZ.

tenor.gif

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'll take that bet.

Why?

Anyone want to bet?
I live in Tucson, AZ.

How much do you want to bet? A match could be arranged for the right price.

marek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll take that bet.

Why?

Anyone want to bet?
I live in Tucson, AZ.

Whoa!what is that material you are smoking???i want some!!!:eek::grin::grin:

TheMarsMan

Nice Gun!
Silver Member
I'll take that bet.

Why?

Anyone want to bet?
I live in Tucson, AZ.

Race to 50 or 10 ball in the same day? That sounds like a really long set, I know I wouldn't want to watch a set that could be 99 games of 10 ball in one day.

If you really want to see if you can play with her come up with a realistic race and I am sure you can win a ton if you can beat her. I believe anything more than a race to 30 is too much for a single day, it isn't about who can take the most stimulants.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Way to completely misrepresent the post.

The post, by FargoRate (that Roys Basement shared) actually says:

Seems to me they are asking stream viewers if they would like to see her play more matches against American guys.

I never thought about that since he’s a stake horse

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member

A Bobby Riggs moment. Good thinking Jay. My thoughts below of the same subject a few years back.

Trudeau ''blew it''.

Sigel shoulda played Allison Fisher in er' Prime. :thumbup:

NOT Lori J. Jones. :angry:

LowRight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A Bobby Riggs moment. Good thinking Jay. My thoughts below of the same subject a few years back.

Trudeau ''blew it''.

Sigel shoulda played Allison Fisher in er' Prime. :thumbup:

NOT Lori J. Jones. :angry:

Yeah. But Sigel couldn't beat Fisher at that point in time.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Race to 50 or 10 ball in the same day? That sounds like a really long set, I know I wouldn't want to watch a set that could be 99 games of 10 ball in one day.

If you really want to see if you can play with her come up with a realistic race and I am sure you can win a ton if you can beat her. I believe anything more than a race to 30 is too much for a single day, it isn't about who can take the most stimulants.

No worries about 99 games - he gets run over by her. He can bet what he likes.

What he fails to realize is that he is gonna start playing worse and worse as she puts rack after rack on him, her confidence will grow and by the time the race to 50 is over I don't believe it will look like a 600 something against a 790 - it will be worse.
Jason

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
I'll take that bet.

Why?

Anyone want to bet?
I live in Tucson, AZ.
And you would be the first person in a LONG line of 650-Fargo Rated players to go broke...

jackpot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
will be a first?

Will this be the first time a woman ever beat a top rated man at any game or sport in
a long race or whatever ? Ever happen before ? it will make history.
jack

boogeyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I can get $2,000.00 cleared, Jay.

Where is Siming currently?
I can't travel to China unfortunately.
I'm willing to take a look at a few venues that we can agree on.

boogeyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You laugh, but how many 600s would jump up and play some against a pro female player?
I'm counting on the intangibles to beat her.
If you don't know what those intangibles are then you probably don't possess them yourself.

Last edited:

boogeyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

A relatively long race is what I desire.
Anyone can win a short race.
I want to grind her down.

One of my points in all of this is to show that endurance (and staying focused) is a key factor in sport.
I truly feel I beat Siming in that department.
I would do a two-day deal of a race to 75 or one day race to 40.

I strive to show that a mid-600s rated male can beat a pro female player if the focus on the match is on other things besides technical ability. Bet.

Last edited: