Varney Cues

zcat27

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just purchased this J/B cue from Kevin a little while ago. Breaking has always been the most frustrating part of playing nine ball for me. No Longer!! I now actually look forward to it with this cue. There is something different about his J/B cues. Don't know technically what it is but this cue gets me 2 to 3 balls most of the time and the cue ball in the middle of the table with the balls spread. It has just made playing nine ball fun again. I've tried all the big names and for my money, Kevin's is the only J/B cue I will ever buy. I don't usually write these kinds of things up but I thought you guys need to know about these cues. I'm just hoping no one close to me reads this and gets one!!! Photos below:

Last edited:

Qjunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
zcat

How do you like KV's new break tip? Wondering if its worth upgrading my Varney j/b.

Mike

zcat27

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
?

Qjunkie said:
How do you like KV's new break tip? Wondering if its worth upgrading my Varney j/b.

Mike

Hi Mike. Unfortunately I have no experience with any of KV's other cues so I don't know the answer to your question. I'm sure that is a part of what's happening with this cue. All I know is this one really works and unlike the other J/B's I have, this one is a hard tip but it really holds the chalk well.

Varney Cues

Handcrafted quality!
Silver Member
bnall said:
Am I still the unwanted red headed step child?

No...but its your turn to clean the shop.:)
Below is a pic of bnall's j/b....

Attachments

• DSC00101aa.JPG
    DSC00101aa.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 1,466

Varney Cues

Handcrafted quality!
Silver Member
nthamix said:
how much for the knife?:D

B.

About $60 from any gunshow....CRKT (Columbia River Knife & tool) M16 Tanto. Comes in 3 versions...olive drab Military, red Firefighter, and dark blue Swat. Its a serious blade...don't lose a finger.:D

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Varney Cues said:
About $60 from any gunshow....CRKT (Columbia River Knife & tool) M16 Tanto. Comes in 3 versions...olive drab Military, red Firefighter, and dark blue Swat. Its a serious blade...don't lose a finger.:D
I have one with tungoil finish and signed by Colonel Cooper.
You can have it for only.....................
$300.
Guaranteed to kill more people than any knife.;)
Wait, wrong thread.

iowa_player

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Qjunkie said:

Mike

I have a Varney Break/Jump cue and have been using the original Varney shaft . Today i got in my New Varney flat laminated shaft with the new tip and it is better IMO Hits the rack harder ( You can hear the diff. ) Like i said i just got this shaft today but i know i like it better and i didnt think it could get any better !!!

*** Varney For President 2008 *** :D :D :D

bnall

<---Proud Dad
Silver Member
JoeyInCali said:
I have one with tungoil finish and signed by Colonel Cooper.
You can have it for only.....................
$300.
Guaranteed to kill more people than any knife.;)
Wait, wrong thread.

Damn. Ill take two please.:D

Varney Cues

Handcrafted quality!
Silver Member
JoeyInCali said:
^
Hey, that's a communist rifle.

Indeed, indeed....straight from China I'll admit. :D But the Norinco's are the best of the production AK breed.;) It simply will not jam...you can fill it full of gravel & mud and run over it with a tank...and it'll still keep killing. Shoots pretty straight too...I can keep all the rounds in a tennis ball size group at 100yds & thats with cheap Russian ammo & iron sights.:D

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
JoeyInCali said:
^
Hey, that's a communist rifle.

Coulda belonged to one I offed in Nam;)

For the edification of those who are too young to know and those too old to remember:

About 40 yrs+- a lot of people were in a small area trying to inflict grave bodily harm to each other. Not many of us knew why then and fewer know why now....

Last edited:

Irish634

Whatever
Silver Member
ribdoner said:
Coulda belonged to one I offed in Nam;)

For the edification of those who are too young to know and those too old to remember:

About 40 yrs+- a lot of people were in a small area trying to inflict grave bodily harm to each other. Not many of us knew why then and fewer know why now....

My father was there. It must have been some bad sh!t because he has never talked about it to my brother or me. He just always says the same thing: "Oh, it is in my past and nothing for me to talk about."

Thanks for the service you provided then. Though I am sure there was no real thanks when you came home.

Hierovision

Dios mio, man.
Silver Member
I gotta say this J/B has made me a better player. I work less to get the same results, so I'm that much more accurate and can plant the CB right in the middle. The problem is there's so much damn movement around the table it sometimes ends up getting caromed off into a rail or pocket. Not complaining though :p

PM Sent KV

Varney Cues

Handcrafted quality!
Silver Member
I've has several request to post some pics of my cues here...I'll post a few players & j/b's. Thank you for your interest & for looking.:)

Attachments

• 4BEMPTS_a.jpg
    4BEMPTS_a.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 572