OCD? Does it help or hurt your game?

SilverCue

Sir Raksalot
Silver Member
Does OCD help or hurt your game?
I'm not OC about everything but I am about pool and other stuff.
Before I knew about OCD, I called it taking pride in what I do.

Sometimes I cook breakfast for my wife and myself and I noticed that by the time I finished cooking, the only things not clean were the plates we were eating off of.
This is from pancakes and eggs this morning.

Attachments

• My OCD.jpg
    My OCD.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 313

7forlife

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
not sure how OCD comes into pool but i'm gonna say that it hurts, if I was to apply my quirks

Cracktherack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know a player or two with OCD. They take their time and pose well for every shot. They will get off the shot at least twice. They stroke into the air towards the ceiling a minimum of 3 or 4 strokes. Then, its 6 or 7 practice strokes cued up at the base of the ball, before they pull the trigger and drive the ball into the rail. They insist on playing "Call shot, call safe." They're B players at best. I have to tell them "You're not Shane, Corey, Alex or Rodney, so we don't allow you to dictate game format."
Their favorite thing to say is "I two packed the guy in a race to 9, but one was a 9 on the break."

SilverCue

Sir Raksalot
Silver Member
I know a player or two with OCD. They take their time and pose well for every shot. They will get off the shot at least twice. They stroke into the air towards the ceiling a minimum of 3 or 4 strokes. Then, its 6 or 7 practice strokes cued up at the base of the ball, before they pull the trigger and drive the ball into the rail. They insist on playing "Call shot, call safe." They're B players at best. I have to tell them "You're not Shane, Corey, Alex or Rodney, so we don't allow you to dictate game format."
Their favorite thing to say is "I two packed the guy in a race to 9, but one was a 9 on the break."

I don't think that last line ever applied to me and I've been told I need to get up and down again if it doesn't feel right and I play by the local rules :)
Other than that, I can see my self :(
I take several practice strokes over the ball then a few more at the spot I want to hit.

I use to be a strong "A" player but I quit for 15+ years and I hope to advance back to a weak "A" this year.