3C Measel balls

SilverCue

Sir Raksalot
Silver Member
I just saw videos of 3C players using three measel balls.
I also saw an advertisement for the set.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
and what about them

its the new super aramith prestige set, has dots on the red ball now

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had torta mexicana for dinner last night and it was a friggin giant carne asada steak between delicious bread.

I just gave it back to the world and it looms quite difgerent. Smells about the same though.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
This is nothing new. My local poolhall has a 3C table and has the measel billiards balls.

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
This is nothing new. My local poolhall has a 3C table and has the measel billiards balls.

hes talking about the red dot ball,
this is something new

first set with dots on the red ball

Attachments

• aramith_ProCupPrestige.jpg
    aramith_ProCupPrestige.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 334

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I much prefer a white, yellow, and red carom ball....solid color.

Two or three years ago, there was a video of a white measel carom ball settling on
a flat spot when it came to rest......the video was deleted....carom conspiracy?

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
Same!

Two or three years ago, there was a video of a white measel carom ball settling on
a flat spot when it came to rest......the video was deleted....carom conspiracy?

i too perfer to solid colored balls, i have a set of them the super aramith tournament set

i believe it on the conspiracy, a guy mentioned he seemed to see a wiggle when they rest on the dot, not later after i seen it on my table with my measle ball

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Yes, yes, yes! Ball manufacturers will do anything to sell new sets of balls (the introduction of all the measle balls I found to be ridiculous, now the red ball??????).

In my opinion, the solid color set w/the yellow as you described is better than the two whites w/one having a dot...each ball plays the same. It took a little getting used to though once the yellow cue ball was introduced because to me it was a color, not white. Once the yellow was introduced and while playing a nightly tourney, I made the mistake of using the red ball as my cue ball...but only once. I couldn't fade the 3 days of harassment after that (everyone had a good time). It was funny as hell! LOL :) :D

Dave

Last edited:

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
Yes, yes, yes! Ball manufacturers will do anything to sell new sets of balls (the introduction of all the measle balls I found to be ridiculous, now the red ball??????).

plus they have replied to an email of kissed out`s
they say all teh super aramith sets are made of the same materials, and manufacturing process

so the traditional set, and the new ones are only different by the colors, and the doubled price tag

paying double for colors, i get it for top tournaments, but for the regular joes kinda sucks

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
Quote:
Do all of the carom balls in the "Super Aramith" line share the same
materials, manufacturing process, and quality controls?

In other words, other than the spots on 2 or all three balls, is there a
playability or durability difference between the Super Aramith balls that
are designated Pro Cup and the Super Aramith balls that do not have the Pro
Cup designation, such as the Tournament or Traditional?

Thanks for your response.
and I got this reply:

Quote:
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your e.mail received during our closing for the Holiday Season.

Yes, all the Carom Super Aramith line shares the same materials, manufacturing process and qulity controls.
No, there is no difference in playability or durability between the Super Aramith balls.

Hoping this answers your request,

Best regards.

ARAMITH - BELGIUM
That is good to know, since what counts the most is playability, since our matched down at the senior center are not likely to be televised anytime soon. LOL

So now I am thinking about getting a real "old school" set to go with our new updated "old school" table,.

that was his post in the thread

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=413573&page=2

lets hope it doesnt dissapear now

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Why are there dots on the balls again? 1 dot...6 dots...however many dots?

Maybe it's a sobriety test......
...How many dots are you seeing?
...uh, 12 OR 13. :eek:
..Okay, buddy, you've had enough...go play some bar rules 8-ball.

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why are there dots on the balls again? 1 dot...6 dots...however many dots?

Theoretically, to show the spin.

Personally I like the solid balls better, and I will someday get a real old-school set with a maroon, and 2 whites, with one white having a black dot on it. Like I learned on. And they are the cheapest of the top quality offerings.

Maybe in a few years Aramith will decide that having lines on the balls is better than spots and they can get everyone to by all new balls yet again.

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
This makes it easier for players/opponents at a distance to see if the RED BALL (New Dotted Ball) was touched, if and when it is the last ball to be contacted.

i think its a great idea
-Steve