Max cue weight questions?

SilverCue

Sir Raksalot
Silver Member
I believe max cue weight is 25 oz.
1. Is this enforced?
2. does this also apply when using a butt extension either slip on or screw in?

My screw in extension is over 6 oz and my cue is 21 oz.

Barnabus McDoug

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My question is who's gonna enforce it? Or, who's gonna care? Or, who's gonna know? The only scale at my pool hall is the one the servers use to measure out 5oz of french fries to go with my delicious burger. I don't see them walking around checking cues with it.

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member
Probably wont come up until you beat someone and they whine to the TD.

Don't play against Skippy27. He brings a weight scale, a durometer and a jeweller's loop to league with him. Your cue will be weighed, and the tip on your playing cue AND "break cue" will be inspected for "legality"....

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I think an extension should be included in the weight limit. The extension becomes part of the cue hitting the CB. Some players play with the extension on for all shots. Then it just becomes a longer cue (there is no maximum length) but should still have to meet the weight maximum. Otherwise, what is an extension? If you wanted to use a 30 oz. cue, just do it by having a 3-piece cue and call the back part an extension.

But I don't know why the equipment specs put a maximum on cue weight. Does a cue over 25 ounces confer any advantage to anyone other than André the Giant?

I'd like my opponents to use 3-pounders.