Silver Member
801 paging Mr Eight O One.
Mr. Eight O One paging One Mr. Eight O One

Paging Bob Dubalina Mr. Bob Dubalina

:wink::);):p

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone notice John has taken a Mosconi-esque pool stance in these high runs as of late? He's more upright and looking down on the shot (like Willie had to shoot).also it minimizes fatigue of bending lower and extreme sighting in on every shot.

This appears to allow him to stay more relaxed and not aggravate his back while on mega high rack-runs.

Just an observation.

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone notice John has taken a Mosconi-esque pool stance in these high runs as of late? He's more upright and looking down on the shot (like Willie had to shoot).also it minimizes fatigue of bending lower and extreme sighting in on every shot.

This appears to allow him to stay more relaxed and not aggravate his back while on mega high rack-runs.

Just an observation.

Yea I was thinking the same thing. Perhaps the short ranged shots lend towards it.

driven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I for one cannot believe there aren't 100,000 people signed on to this already.
hell, az billiards has thousands of members, the U.S.A. has millions of at least recreational players, The world, who knows.

A while back I asked a couple people if the number 626 had any meaning to them and they both came back with the same blank stare. After I explained it to them their eyes opened up a little, and they wanted to know more. John Who? WHAT?? etc...

The story needs to get out, until it does, and the people get interested, He's lucky to get the 1000 subscribers.

And that would suck.

steven

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Just an observation.

He has done that in the past but, it was always after he had ben playing for a long time.

So, your assumptions are spot on. Long, up table shots, he will get much closer to cue. As long as he is in the pack (half table play), he is much more upright, especially deeper into the run.

Most anyone over 30s ish will start to have aches and pains after standing and/or walking for hour and hours on end with almost no break at all.

Not to mention, all the bending over to pick up a piece of chalk after being dropped (im guilty of that a lot), picking at the felt....for us OCD people etc...etc. Add that to all the energy spent during getting into and out of stances, well, that's a days work.....a hard days work.

Jeff

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He has done that in the past but, it was always after he had ben playing for a long time.

So, your assumptions are spot on. Long, up table shots, he will get much closer to cue. As long as he is in the pack (half table play), he is much more upright, especially deeper into the run.

Most anyone over 30s ish will start to have aches and pains after standing and/or walking for hour and hours on end with almost no break at all.

Not to mention, all the bending over to pick up a piece of chalk after being dropped (im guilty of that a lot), picking at the felt....for us OCD people etc...etc. Add that to all the energy spent during getting into and out of stances, well, that's a days work.....a hard days work.

Jeff

So would this but something a rotation player would consciously have to work on in order to try to go after 626? It appears for long haul 14.1...Where the superior rotation players would have to make some concessions to their fundamentals in order to prolong the concentration and energy needed to sustain a 40+ rack haul.
I noticed Dennis O was still in his usual playing style while practicing 14.1 recently.
Kind of like marathon runners compared to sprinters....You have to be well versed on pace, breathing patterns, etc in order to be top in the field, but switch them over night and they aren't built, trained, or mentally conditioned to take on the opposite event.

When John said in his post 626 interview that he wants to work on his rotation game to get it back up to where he could compete, that let me know, there are two different works here, and I'm thinking, any top level pro that wants to go after 626 but not make a concession on their rotation game through a constant commitment to 14.1 just won't get there.