What do you pay for pool?

Nature Boy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will be opening a room in the next few weeks. I am interested in getting some numbers of what people are paying per hour. I am in a fairly small town, but I would like to hear many different rates and where you are.

Thanks in advance!

Drater

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will be opening a room in the next few weeks. I am interested in getting some numbers of what people are paying per hour. I am in a fairly small town, but I would like to hear many different rates and where you are.

Thanks in advance!

When I owned Shooters in Greensboro, NC (sold it in November), we were charging $3.50/hr/person for all tables (7' & 9').

At one point early on we charged $4/hr/person and $5/hr/person for certain tables.

Then we had $1 Tuesdays. $1/hr/person pool, $1 hot dogs, $1 draft beer.

We also had FREE POOL on Wednesdays for awhile.

My advice would be to charge as much as the market will support, and not a penny less. Maintenance on pool tables is pretty expensive.

eric

Wheeljack

You Know It!
Silver Member
In Ky I was paying about $4/hr outside of Lexington.

In Daytona Beach area of FL I am paying $4-6/hr depending of time of day at my favorite place and $6-8/hr depending on time of day at the closest place to my house with halfway decent tables.

I use to run a gameroom and my advice would be charge what is fair for your area, be a host to leagues and hold/host tourneys (but not too often). I offered free pool during our worst 'dead' hours. Just getting warm bodies in the room still offered some revenue from drinks, supplies, coin machines, etc...

Good luck!

PDX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In Portland, OR it's 8-10/hr but on the outskirts of town, it's 4-5/hr for gold crowns.

snipershot

Go ahead.....run for it.
Silver Member
Where Im at its $3.00 an hour with a max of $10.00. There is another room about a half-hour away that charges $2.00 an hour with no max. I like the $10 for all day thing, I can play for 12 hours for $10, so thats where I go if Im gonna be playing for a while, and that room has some killer food too!

Joe

8ball-alex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Last year we paid about 4$, NOW we pay 22$ per hour-.-
And this is the member's price. The non-member price is the same...

onepocketron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In Houston it ranges anywhere from $4.50 per hr. to $9.00 per hr. My place of choice is 4.50 per hour, and has leagues twice per week. If you are a member for a league, the rate is cut in half.
I agree with previous posters. Charge the max. amount you can within reason.

Majic

With The Lights ON !!
Silver Member

Thanks in advance!

Please tell what town ... curious minds want to know....perhaps us azb'rs can help with the grand opening :wink:

JasonS

jason-sadler.com
Silver Member
Depends on who you think is going to be stopping in... Where I live the rates are 3-4.5/hr/person because our clientel is mostly players (1 or two people at a time). Big chains like dave and busters, jillians, and fox&hound are like 11+/hr BUT places like that attract groups so it works out, but it doesnt work well for the guy who just wants to practice. Who are you trying to get inside your doors?

What we've done at our room is run a special for groups of 3+. $15/table all night. This is purely to attract groups, but it still isnt working since its a pool hall (no liquor) and most people dont enjoy sitting around together whacking balls with sticks without alcohol because the silence makes people feel awekward.

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member

Thanks in advance!

I charge $3 per hour for a single person, or $5 per hour for two or more from 12:30 pm (Open) until 6:00 pm. Then my rates double from 6:00 pm until I close.

I also offer a monthly membership for $60 per month that covers unlimited play from 12:30 pm until 6:00 pm, after that normal rates apply.

Hope this helps

bazkook

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The pool hall I frequent charges $2.50-$3 per person per hour and $2 per person per hour if you play a ring game if there are at least 3 people playing on the same table. I've been to places that charge $2 per person no matter how many people are playing on the table. The most expensive place I've been was around $10 per hour per person but my friend and I got free pool because I was talking to the girl who worked there. That wasn't exactly the benefits I expecting but that's good enough. :grin-square:

sk8ordie

HTTR!
Silver Member
Smokehouse Billiards in Myrtle Beach SC charges $4 per hour, per person with no specials anytime. Wish they would do a monthly rate so I could practice more/longer. Breakroom Billiards in Conway SC charges $7 an hour per table, not player(not good for 1 player) no specials there either. Breaktime Billiards in Wilmington NC, a very nice pool hall connected to a bowling alley is $3.50 per person, they do have a monthly fee and they run specials like, free pool on thursdays w/ purchase of lunch 11am till 3pm or so. It's a little over an hour drive so I can't go there everyday, I would if I could. Ron

opie308

Stop Whoofing and Rack'em
I play on 9ft Diamonds, its free till 3 after that it's suppose to be $8 a hour. I am located in north TX

I worked at a pool hall from '93 to '96 and in my experience the real money one makes with a pool hall isn't done with the table time, it's the alcohol.

meximan2469

WPBL
Silver Member
I live in Canada there is two pool halls in my city. One charges, $6 /hr for the table (no charge per person) they also have a 9' foot diamond which they charge $10/hr. Cheap beer until 6pm.

The other one is $7.00/ hr but weekdays are $5 per person all you can play.

Hope this helps,

Dave

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I charge $3 per hour for a single person, or $5 per hour for two or more from 12:30 pm (Open) until 6:00 pm. Then my rates double from 6:00 pm until I close.

I also offer a monthly membership for $60 per month that covers unlimited play from 12:30 pm until 6:00 pm, after that normal rates apply.

Hope this helps

You have great rates Craig but the op should know that you pay the bills with cue repair/sales too.

Wish I lived closer to full splice billiards.

Fenwick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I receive a senior discount. I pay $4.00 to play from 11:00 am until 7:00 pm Monday through Friday. Saturday and Sunday it's $4.00 from 11:00 am until 4:00 pm.