Best tip I've played with for years..........

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The jury is still out on this tip.
all the good layered tips were transferring too much stuff to the object ball for me so i kept searching.

All the old tips that i used to use just didn't hold up the way they used to or even play the same.

I ran into Chris Renfro at Q masters while at the US Open and he had me hit some balls with a tip he was working on. The few shots that i shot i couldn't really see how they played. I kind of assumed they might be OK and maybe not OK.

I played for about 3 hours tonight and ran a 7 pack. Been a long time coming for that. Every aspect of the game just got easier.

Now if this tip holds up like Chris says it will he has a winner here for sure.

In 3 hours the shape has not changed a bit.

So far I'm just amazed.

Putting one on for my son tomorrow. he can't hardly wait.

No, I'm not selling them. I only have 2 and my son gets one and the other i need for a spare. Chris told me i should get 3 to 4 months out of it.

I don't even know how to get more except I'm going to call chris tomorrow and see how many i can get.

I have allot of friends I want to hook up.

Thanks Chris for making such a great product.............

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
all the good layered tips were transferring too much stuff to the object ball for me so i kept searching.

All the old tips that i used to use just didn't hold up the way they used to or even play the same.

I ran into Chris Renfro at Q masters while at the US Open and he had me hit some balls with a tip he was working on. The few shots that i shot i couldn't really see how they played. I kind of assumed they might be OK and maybe not OK.

I played for about 3 hours tonight and ran a 7 pack. Been a long time coming for that. Every aspect of the game just got easier.

So far I'm just amazed.

No, I'm not selling them. I only have 2 and my son gets one and the other i need for a spare. Chris told me i should get 3 to 4 months out of it.

I don't even know how to get more except I'm going to call chris tomorrow and see how many i can get.

You should read some of the threads on these tips. I have been raving about them since I got mine. I've had it for months now and have literally not touched it to shape it in that time, never mind the 3 hours you used it for LOL

Only thing I have done is scruff it up a little, and that I only needed to do a few times over those months I've had it.

I've used Kamui Black softs and while those were excellent tips, they needed more maintenance, were easily double the price and the hardness changed well before the tip wore down enough to need replacing. The Ki-Tech Soft is harder now than when new after a few months of use, but is still clearly in the soft category.

There were really only a few products that I recommend people try when I see questions like what tip / shaft / cue to get, the Players HXT shafts and cues for their value and feel, and these Ki Tech tips Chris makes.

Last edited:

jburkm002

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I often struggle when my game starts breaking down. Of course most of us have to blame our equipment. LOL. I know it's my stroke. However I often wonder about my tips. As I have tried several and they seem fine at first. I also went from playing with medium tips to super softs. Think I may switch back to medium tips. Maybe give this one a try. Think one mistake I make is changing all my tips at the same time. Want the same feel from shaft to shaft. Maybe i will give this a try. Any thoughts on softer tips. Good or bad.

Agent 99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

So far I'm just amazed.

This is an amazing tip ... I shoot with a layered tip, tried Kamui and gave up on them. I found the Kamui tips harden up, and quickly ... for the price I got away from them in a hurry.

Tried the Tiger Everest and the same story as the Kamui. Nice tip, I really liked it for about 4 or 5 sessions and then it would turn hard as a rock, with a nice glaze.

For a while now I have been using the Ultra-Skin medium ... very nice tip ... much better than Kamui or Tiger. Holds it's shape well and does not glaze over and get hard, plays like a Kamui or Tiger but it keeps playing that way.

Then I ordered some Ki-techs from Chris.

I found his tips produce more spin than anything I have ever used.

So much that I am still trying to get used to them. Granted this may have more to do with my stroke than anything else, but I can draw 4 rails with ease.

Still a practice session tip for me, but time and practice may make it my new playing tip in the future.

In my opinion this is a must try tip ... Might be the first real 'new' tip in a long time.

And another thing, Chris is as good a dude to do business with that you will ever find.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would miscue too much with the layered tip I was using.
I had a Ki Tech soft put on.
The miscues have disappeared and there is almost no mushrooming of the tip, at least not enough to be concerned with.
I ordered more tips and will try the medium next.
I think he's on to something here with a solid tip.
Time will tell.
So far I am a believer.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member

Depending upon on who you talk what heir best Tip could be different, then the other guys best Tip. Many people pimping best Tips, get those Tips for free, so their endorsement is clouded by money, or free Tips.

Go to say Mueller's Catalogue, and see over one hundred different tips, and configurations, and than ask Rory while he sell all there Tips.

Answer is people buy all the brands of Tips they sell, because that is what they have used for ever, or they are trying something new, or the read about "X" Brand and want to try it.

Skip at Tweetens will debate layered, verses Non Layered Tips, and his debate make sense, but I still just like a Tip that holds chalk, and I can produce spin with.

Best to me is like asking someone in NY City what is the BEST Jewish Deli to get a Pastrami Sandwich, it is so subjective depending upon what each persons perceives as BEST, you knowing what BESt to them is Best, and too others you ask it could be a different Deli with great Pastrami.

Last edited:

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have had the same experience with the Ki-Tech soft tip. Amazing that it holds its shape without mushrooming. Until people try one, I doubt they'll believe how superior these tips are. I gave one to my Son and he is ecstatic with it as well.

Houstoer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Put me down as a satisfied customer as well. Cut off the kamui's after trying this tip. My tip guy thought I was nuts. This is a great tip. Med or Hard for me.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Depending upon on who you talk what heir best Tip could be different, then the other guys best Tip. Many people pimping best Tips, get those Tips for free, so their endorsement is clouded by money, or free Tips.

Go to say Mueller's Catalogue, and see over one hundred different tips, and configurations, and than ask Rory while he sell all there Tips.

Answer is people buy all the brands of Tips they sell, because that is what they have used for ever, or they are trying something new, or the read about "X" Brand and want to try it.

Skip at Tweetens will debate layered, verses Non Layered Tips, and his debate make sense, but I still just like a Tip that holds chalk, and I can produce spin with.

Best to me is like asking someone in NY City what is the BEST Jewish Deli to get a Pastrami Sandwich, it is so subjective depending upon what each persons perceives as BEST, you knowing what BESt to them is Best, and too others you ask it could be a different Deli with great Pastrami.

Hey Bruce, I think you should really check with your doctor.
Dementia or parkinson's appears to be kicking in on you.
You appear to be senile now as your timing is really getting bad.
Seriously. Ask around.

rtbbf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Play with all the tips that you think you might like just by reviews,players opinion, and then actual application my preference is milk dud or buffalo, that is just me...a pressed elk master (pressed in tip pressing tool) not in a vise too flatten it out plays great that's
my opinion whats yours

sbpoolleague

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll Give 'Em A Whirl

I've been using Moori medium for several years. Just ordered some Ki tech soft tips. Will give them a try soon.

bwally

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been using Moori medium for several years. Just ordered some Ki tech soft tips. Will give them a try soon.

I went from Moori as well. So far (6 weeks) the Ki-Tec is better, in every way... You wont be dissapointed...

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I tried the soft but it was't put on right...........

Make sure when you put these tips on that the sides are cut down with a razor blade and noave found this tip.t just ground off. it will compromise the structure of the leather especially the soft.

i had a local guy put on the soft and he ground it off on the sides with a grinding wheel. Pretty stupid. i could see he ruined the tip when I looked at it and it looked about an inch high and crooked.

The medium is Perfect for me. I recommend this one. it plays like a soft but it keeps it's shape like cement.

What more could you ask for.

Once word gets out and more people try these they better start mass producing them.

I feel pretty lucky to h

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Hey Bruce, I think you should really check with your doctor.
Dementia or parkinson's appears to be kicking in on you.
You appear to be senile now as your timing is really getting bad.
Seriously. Ask around.

Joey you are like a hemorrhoid, I am sorry you do not like the opinion I expressed, but as my mother use to say Tough Taco's.

Like I said Mueller's sells many Cue Tips, because not everyone like the same Cue Tip.

DoubleA

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chris is a good friend of mine and gave me a few tips to try out when he first started to produce them, do your self a favor and order a few, not expensive, and you may be very pleasantly surprised.

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Tips for tips

Smack a LePro with a Hammer. If it farts it is bad . Toss it. You might get 3 good tips to a box but they will out play almost everything. Same thing with 15 mm triangles. If you never want to miss Cue go heavy and play Elkmaster smacked with a hammer or soak It and press it.
These cheap tips out play everything. Problem is you might not get 3 good tips to a box.
Nick :)

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Smack a LePro with a Hammer. If it farts it is bad . Toss it. You might get 3 good tips to a box but they will out play almost everything. Same thing with 15 mm triangles. If you never want to miss Cue go heavy and play Elkmaster smacked with a hammer or soak It and press it.
These cheap tips out play everything. Problem is you might not get 3 good tips to a box.
Nick :)

That's the problem. You have to find a jewel .
Put a Triangle on last night .
What a piece of kaka it is. You can't even tell where the cueball is going.

That's the thing about KTech and other quality tips. You can feel where the cue ball is going consistently.
Ktech Medium and black Kamui S are the best playing tips out there now imo.
And I don't need to check the Mueller's catalog.