World 10 Ball Championship 22-26July2019/ Winner $30K

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Is there live scoring? The links in this thread seem to be links to the brackets, rather than live scoring.

CptBurbagio

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is there live scoring? The links in this thread seem to be links to the brackets, rather than live scoring.

There was a picture in the handbook of visual live scoring, with scores on little virtual tables as we've seen here on AZ in tourneys past. I can't find that if it does indeed exist--maybe just for later stages.

poolscholar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You'd think for this big of an event they could provide a smooth stream. Pretty choppy ball movement, they'd be better off streaming from a phone.

highkarate

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
my steam is perfect, it's on your end. and it's free which is awesome

edit: meant to quote poolscholar's comment about the stream being crappy

Last edited:

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Earl or Tater Tot?
I like tater tots, but Earl is the man.

Salt City Billiards
Wednesday 8/21 at 5pm we have Earl Strickland playing challenge games for an hour.
Then at 6pm he plays Shaun Wilke in a race to 11.
Followed by our 5th Salt City Billiards Pro Am tournament.
We will host 8 player bar table mini tournaments all night long.

This all happens the Wednesday before the Turning Stone Classic. Free to watch in person or online.

poolscholar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
my steam is perfect, it's on your end. and it's free which is awesome

edit: meant to quote poolscholar's comment about the stream being crappy

I'm on fiber internet, so definitely not my end. If you watch the cueball moving around it's not smooth, it's movement is choppy. Also happens if you look back at the recorded matches. Framerate is way too low probably because they are trying to stream at too high of a quality for their upload connection speed or they screwed up the broadcaster settings.

If you want a smooth stream look at poolactiontv (or for that matter pretty much any stream over a phone these days).

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
This field is not quite up to a US Open 9-ball or World 9-ball Championships, but there are plenty of killers in it. At least a dozen realistic winners among these 64.

highkarate

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm on fiber internet, so definitely not my end. If you watch the cueball moving around it's not smooth, it's movement is choppy. Also happens if you look back at the recorded matches. Framerate is way too low probably because they are trying to stream at too high of a quality for their upload connection speed or they screwed up the broadcaster settings.

If you want a smooth stream look at poolactiontv (or for that matter pretty much any stream over a phone these days).

I mean, I'm watching it right now and it's fine. They are probably shooting 23.98 when they could be shooting 29.97 but it's pretty nit-picky and probably nobody besides yourself will notice. I work in production and didn't notice until you mentioned it, and even then it was only from the cameras getting tight shots and not the full table views. Audio is a little off. Also worth repeating: it's free

poolscholar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I mean, I'm watching it right now and it's fine. They are probably shooting 23.98 when they could be shooting 29.97 but it's pretty nit-picky and probably nobody besides yourself will notice. I work in production and didn't notice until you mentioned it, and even then it was only from the cameras getting tight shots and not the full table views. Audio is a little off. Also worth repeating: it's free

Whether is free or not someone is paying for the streaming and recording staff. It's not the cameras, its the streaming/encoding/internet setup that is bad. Usually caused when they are trying to stream at too high of a quality and the framerates drop. Here it looks like its dropping below 20fps frequently. The whole setup is very well done, so it's surprising they don't get basic streaming video and audio correct.