Schmidty on a mission !!! two 400+'s in the matter of a week !!

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Mr 400 is showing why he's called Mr 400 with two more 400+ ball runs under his belt in the matter a week's time. First with a 407 and just yesterday with a 434 !!

Will he top Mosconi ??

-Steve

I know i'm rooting for him !

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
I hope he does it. It would certainly add some excitement to the game. I hope that we will be able to see the video of at least one of the big runs. I think that someone said that Predator (or whoever is now sponsoring him) has the rights to the video.

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Yes they do, and i'm sure it will be marketted.

here's my prediction.

If john does break mosconi's run, i say he will do it in his first time entering the 500's. and once he does do it, i think he will set the bar to 538 !!

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
If john does break mosconi's run, i say he will do it in his first time entering the 500's. and once he does do it, i think he will set the bar to 538 !!
I'll go for 562 just for the sake of numerology.

But I think it would be best if he went past 625 so we can cross that claim off the list as well. Sort of clean things up.

Last edited:

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'll go for 562 just for the same of numerology.

But I think it would be best if he went past 625 so we can cross that claim off the list as well. Sort of clean things up.

My plan is to run an even 1,000 and stop, put my cue away. I wouldn't want to spoil a good thing. Maybe John will do that.

Last edited:

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll go for 562 just for the same of numerology.

For me the highest run is 526 because it was witnessed and certified. There is video of Mosconi saying he ran a 609.

LesserJax

Predator Team
Predator Posting Video of John's 434 Run

Mr 400 is showing why he's called Mr 400 with two more 400+ ball runs under his belt in the matter a week's time. First with a 407 and just yesterday with a 434 !!

Will he top Mosconi ??

-Steve

I know i'm rooting for him !

Hey guys,

I'm just curious to get your feedback. I'm Predator's Community Manager, as you mentioned we have the footage that we're planning to post after Mosconi.

Would you all be more interested in a sped up version of the high run with slow-downs for the dramatic/tough shots. Or more so the entire footage raw.

Both would have a rack counter.

Would love your feedback!

-Max

Last edited:

donuteric

always a newbie
Silver Member
Hey guys,

I'm just curious to get your feedback. I'm Predator's Community Manager, as you mentioned we have the footage that we're planning to post after Mosconi.

Would you all be more interested in a sped up version of the high run with slow-downs for the dramatic/tough shots. Or more so the entire footage raw.

-Max

Both versions wouldn't hurt, but if I had to vote for one, I would prefer a sped-up version with normal speed at dramatic shots.

Positively Ralf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey guys,

-Max

I would love to see a sped up version put on youtube for free. And the raw footage one imo needs to have an added commentary track by John and someone else and sold as a training/self evaluation tool.

Positively Ralf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BTW on a side note, I love hearing about this. IMO, John needs this if he is planning on trying to make the HoF. I believe he only has one US Open and a Wolrd 14.1 title to his name. That's not enough to get in. If he gets this record, I'm sure that would sway a ton of the voters to put him in.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey guys,

-Max

If I had to choose I'd want the entire raw footage.

wigglybridge

14.1 straight pool!
Silver Member
John plays plenty fast, there is no reason to speed it up.

straight pool is not about the shot, it's about the thinking.

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Hey guys,

-Max

I would love to see the full raw video

I love to watch John play

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John's biggest runs seem to happen on his friend's table out in California. Is that where these runs were made? Why can't I recall his name? Neither he nor Dennis have posted for so long I forget...

Oh, and I vote for not speeding it up. Usually there is a way for the viewer to speed it up on youtube or where ever it is posted if they want to.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John's biggest runs seem to happen on his friend's table out in California. Is that where these runs were made? Why can't I recall his name? Neither he nor Dennis have posted for so long I forget...

Oh, and I vote for not speeding it up. Usually there is a way for the viewer to speed it up on youtube or where ever it is posted if they want to.

Are you talking about Marpoulis? I also miss Dennis not posting. His 14.1 videos were excellent and the Derby City 14.1 event is one of the best in the world.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
John's biggest runs seem to happen on his friend's table out in California. Is that where these runs were made? Why can't I recall his name? ...
That would be Marop, Bill Maropoulos. He has a GC with generous pockets.

John is currently playing on a Rebco at Easy Street Billiards in Monterey.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey guys,

-Max

I want to see the *whole* thing -- no edits.

Lou Figueroa

LesserJax

Predator Team
Thank you!

Thanks for everyone's feedback. We'll look to get everything posted to our social media channels in both variations.

-Max