What is the greatest single achievement in sports?

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Pheidippides.....ran the first marathon.

Francis Ouimet....won the 1913 US Open....
...every wealthy golfer today owes this man.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lance Armstrong! For cheating and getting away with it as long as he did! What a POS! Sorry I could not resist... I miss the good old days before performance enhancing cheating became the norm in sports....Back to the thread!

decent dennis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fernando Tatis hitting 2 grand slams in the same inning off the same Dodger pitcher, pretty much his carear with the cardinals.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Boston Celtics Run of Consecutive NBA Chmapionships.......

10 in a row & from 1957 to 1969.........12 of 13 NBA Championships.

That is never going to happen again & it sets the height of the bar for team sports.

Matt B.

p.s. And I disliked the Celtics back then and still do but I'll tip my cap to them.

MVPCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Boston Celtics Run of Consecutive NBA Chmapionships.......

10 in a row & from 1957 to 1969.........12 of 13 NBA Championships.

That is never going to happen again & it sets the height of the bar for team sports.

Matt B.

p.s. And I disliked the Celtics back then and still do but I'll tip my cap to them.

They won it 8 in a row, 11 of 13. At that time, there were only 8 teams in the league. Still amazing though.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any pro cyclist on this programme:
Philippe Gaumont describes using the pot belge for winter training purposes more than as aid during competition: "J'ai toujours entendu les anciens dire que prendre les amphétamines pour une grande sortie d'entraînement aide à 'débloquer le moteur'." (rough translation from French: "I've always heard old timers say that taking amphetamines before a training ride helps to 'unclog the motor'") Gaumont describes his use of pot belge during a seven-hour training ride of the Cofidis team in the mountains at Arcalis in 1997, where he easily outdistanced the team's climbers thanks to the drug. After that, he became dependent on the pot belge for training: "Dès que j'étais mal dans ma peau, je prenais du pot belge"

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
The miracle of Istanbul in 2005. Liverpool FC scored three goals in six minutes to draw level with AC Milan and force a penalty shoot out in the European Champions League Final. Liverpool won.

Usain Bolt running 9.59 seconds for the 100m.

James Douglas knocking out Mike Tyson in Tokyo in 1991.

bwally

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wayne Gretzky's 50 goals in 39 games and his all time scoring record. This is from (me) a Canadian who doesn't like hockey..

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Speed Skating

Miracle on Ice . USA beating Russia at y Olympics Hockey .

Eric Heiden winning the short, medium and long distance Olympic medals all at the same time. Needing a different body is Extremely important in track and field to win, he did it in all distances. Something that Bolt and any other Olympian has never done.