Nice Old Zambodi

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I saw a really nice old Zambodi .
Probably early 70s, The owner said the shaft was a little crooked and he had put the tip on the table and pushed down a little to try to straighten it and the whole butt of the cue flew apart.
Is this something a good cue repairman could take care of and get back to almost original?

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Probably early 70s, The owner said the shaft was a little crooked and he had put the tip on the table and pushed down a little to try to straighten it and the whole butt of the cue flew apart.
Is this something a good cue repairman could take care of and get back to almost original?

Call it salvage and send it to me.
I will pay the shipping

:smile:

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
In other words yes I am sure it can be restored close to original except for the shaft.
Hard to tell the extent without seeing the cue, but maybe the handle section needs to be replaced as well.
Not an unusual repair but it's difficult, not just anybody can do it, and it won't be original.
Maybe Barry Szamboti would take it but I don't know if he doesn't know you.
Pete Tascarella, I like Paul Drexler, Barry Szamboti, Mike Webb, Dennis Searing if he would do it.

There are only a few people to send the cue to.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Just by your description. I'm going to guess that the Forearm broke below the joint. Right at the joint or at the rings. Yes. Worth repairing. Below that and on the Forearm. Then it's not. If it's where it connects to the -A- joint. Still worth it.
Because of the name. It should go to Barry or someone he has faith in, and absolutely everything in this cues future, should be disclosed.
I went thru this with a Black Boar once and even with Tonys endorsement and approval of everything that was done, John J. Public didn't care. It effected the value of the cue.