DCC All Around Champ

Gunn_Slinger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He said 'selected'. Sounds like hes asking about the Louie Roberts award.
Don't know if they have that anymore.
They defamed it by putting 'Scooter' up there.
What a joke he was!

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the replies.
I kept looking for results, then realised late Sunday night, that they were still contesting it.

gordml

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They should also include the bigfoot and straight pool.
What happens is straight pool always falls by the wayside in favor of the 9 ball--
players cancelling matches etc.

PRED

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He said 'selected'. Sounds like hes asking about the Louie Roberts award.
Don't know if they have that anymore.
They defamed it by putting 'Scooter' up there.
What a joke he was!

Joke is the minds of the selection committee

Nine Miler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yep, and those are some mighty top-heavy payouts. Imagine losing MOT by 1 point and having it cost you $17,000.

Top heavy payouts, and near misses are not uncommon. Not directly apples to apples because the percentage ratio of second prize to first prize is much smaller in this example from DCC, than from the one I intend to list from the PGA Tour. I guess this means it's not nearly as top heavy, but missing out on $17,000 by a point can be put in perspective. I would have expected DCC payouts to be more like $12,000 --> $8,000 --> $5,000 if $25k was to be split between first, second and third. Perhaps the small size of the purse is the main factor in that a $12,000 payout just doesn't sound like a significant prize matching the achievement, but there aren't enough funds to also elevate the next two places in prize money.

Here are the top payouts from the 2017 Farmer's Insurance Open which concluded yesterday on the PGA Tour.

1. Jon Rahm -13 $1,206,000
T2. Charles Howell III -10 $589,600
T2. Cheng-Tsung Pan -10 $589,600
T4. Keegan Bradley -9 $252,590
T4. Justin Rose -9 $252,590
T4. Pat Perez -9 $252,590
T4. Patrick Rodgers -9 $252,590
T4. Tony Finau -9 $252,590
T9. 5 Others -8 $167,500

Last edited:

rossaroni

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yep, and those are some mighty top-heavy payouts. Imagine losing MOT by 1 point and having it cost you $17,000.

I think Alex may know how that feels. I remember him telling us years back about how Shane beat him by a fraction of a point (do not remember the exact number), and it cost him the title. Shane beat Neils in 9 ball, and had to come with some pretty sick shots to win.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Top heavy payouts, and near misses are not uncommon. Not directly apples to apples because the percentage ratio of second prize to first prize is much smaller in this example from DCC, than from the one I intend to list from the PGA Tour. I guess this means it's not nearly as top heavy, but missing out on $17,000 by a point can be put in perspective. I would have expected DCC payouts to be more like $12,000 --> $8,000 --> $5,000 if $25k was to be split between first, second and third. Perhaps the small size of the purse is the main factor in that a $12,000 payout just doesn't sound like a significant prize matching the achievement, but there aren't enough funds to also elevate the next two places in prize money.

Here are the top payouts from the 2017 Farmer's Insurance Open which concluded yesterday on the PGA Tour.

1. Jon Rahm -13 $1,206,000
T2. Charles Howell III -10 $589,600
T2. Cheng-Tsung Pan -10 $589,600
T4. Keegan Bradley -9 $252,590
T4. Justin Rose -9 $252,590
T4. Pat Perez -9 $252,590
T4. Patrick Rodgers -9 $252,590
T4. Tony Finau -9 $252,590
T9. 5 Others -8 $167,500

I'd prefer 15K, 7K, and 3K, to the current payout structure for MOT.

Nine Miler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd prefer 15K, 7K, and 3K, to the current payout structure for MOT.

That's a good option. Probably better than 12/8/5. Coming in 2nd or 3rd is still a hell of a feat, and carries expenses for travel, all of the entries, maybe a buy back, food, lodging, etc. it would be nice if you could do a little better than cover your costs.

Last edited:

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Live scoring for the final 32 would be awesome. That's probably asking for a lot when they cant even provide updates on completed matches.

I would also love for the option of 2 tv tables. One with commentating and all the camera angles and the other without commentary and just a single fixed camera angle. Just the sounds of the ball hitting would suffice.

I've seen free live streams that offer HD viewing and a selection of 5 different tables.