RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
28317526579_2a57f22015_z.jpg

26224057938_e0a43cd8a3_z.jpg

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Search is worthless when using a cell phone.

I do not play nine ball, was just curious as the rule posted above makes no mention if the breaker makes a ball but has no direct shot at the lowest numbered ball on the table.

But thanks so much for the time and effort put forth in your reply.

Gatto138

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I do not play nine ball, was just curious as the rule posted above makes no mention if the breaker makes a ball but has no direct shot at the lowest numbered ball on the table.

Yes. Whoever is at the table that has the first shot after the break shot, may call a push out and do whatever they see fit with the cue ball (hit any ball, don’t hit a ball, whatever). Incoming player has the option to shoot. Generally you want to leave the object ball visible but not makable so they don’t immediately return the shot to you.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
TWO different questions were asked in this thread. OP asked about "old" nine-ball push out rules. Someone else chimed in about push out and the break. Totally different deal. The reason i said to SEARCH had to do with the old rules. We've covered push-out 9ball, sometimes referred to to as "two shot foul", ad nauseam on here. And yes Virginia, EITHER player may push after the break. There is an exception and that is when 3point rule is in effect. If breaker doesn't meet 3pt's and opponent lets him shoot he CAN NOT push, he has to shoot at his ball.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You need to just do a search. This has been covered many times on here. All i'm saying on this.

Agreed.

The rules have been discussed far deeper than the discussion will get here.

Add in strategy, local quirks, dead people....it is a disservice to one's self to not look at what is already available.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

How so? Works the same for me via phone, iPad, desktop...

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You don't play nine ball?? And you have crappy cell-phone service?? Then why even ask? ;) Just kiddin bro. Seriously, just about EVERY 9ball rule EVER has been covered on here. Don't blame us for your phone's inability to search.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... And yes Virginia, EITHER player may push after the break. There is an exception and that is when 3point rule is in effect. If breaker doesn't meet 3pt's and opponent lets him shoot he CAN NOT push, he has to shoot at his ball.

Whether the breaker can push when he is put back in after a 3-point failure depends on the event.

Under the WPA (world-standardized) 3-point rules, the non-breaker is not allowed to push if he accepts the table, but the breaker IS allowed to push if the table is returned to him. That version is followed for Eurotour 9-Ball events.

At the International 9-Ball Open, however, neither player is permitted to push after a 3-point violation. They also used that rule for the 2016 and 2017 US Open 9-Ball Championships. [When Matchroom took over the US Open 9-Ball event for 2019, they eliminated the illegal-break (3-point) rule entirely.]

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Whether the breaker can push when he is put back in after a 3-point failure depends on the event.

Under the WPA (world-standardized) 3-point rules, the non-breaker is not allowed to push if he accepts the table, but the breaker IS allowed to push if the table is returned to him. That version is followed for Eurotour 9-Ball events.

At the International 9-Ball Open, however, neither player is permitted to push after a 3-point violation. They also used that rule for the 2016 and 2017 US Open 9-Ball Championships. [When Matchroom took over the US Open 9-Ball event for 2019, they eliminated the illegal-break (3-point) rule entirely.]
Very good. Thanks.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
How so? Works the same for me via phone, iPad, desktop...

I don't know, Walter.

Although I am tech challenged, others have PMed me noting the same issue.

Not too concerned, my question has been answered in more detail than anticipated.

Thanks for asking.

Saturated Fats

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You need to just do a search. This has been covered many times on here.

Many subjects are "covered" here, but links to actual rules - what the OP asked for - would be a lot better. Well written rules are clearer, more succinct and do not contain opinions.