What to use in bottom of ball return box?

Sedog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What are you guys using in the bottom of the ball return box? Mine has what looks like outdoor carpet. I would like to deaden the sound and not have the balls bouncing all over.
Thanks

realkingcobra

Silver Member
What are you guys using in the bottom of the ball return box? Mine has what looks like outdoor carpet. I would like to deaden the sound and not have the balls bouncing all over.
Thanks

Some ball return drop boxes are built to cheap to deaden the sound much....don't know what kind of table you're talking about, so I don't know what to tell you;)

RoadHustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gym Mat

If you have the depth I have heard of people using gym mat like the $9.99 anti fatigue mat at harbor freight. Just cut it to size.

us820

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Buy one piece of padded carpet tile and cut to size.Can't get much cheaper than that.

caff3in3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Buy one piece of padded carpet tile and cut to size.Can't get much cheaper than that.
I did this with the ball return box on a gold crown. They gave it to me for free at the hardware store and worked like a charm.

I used velcro to keep it in place and so it could be changed quickly

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I used a thin piece of styrofoam.
Had to flip it fron to bac after about a year, coz it started to have depression marks fom constant impacts in the same place (s).

Skratch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You could try using the solid foam drawer liners ( Not the perforated ones) for the bottom of the box. If you dont like the sound of the balls hitting the walls you can double it up there or uses some cardboard/foam from packing.

Inaction

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For sound, would putting something underneath the drop area help, even though the balls don't hit it?

Or you could turn the stereo up.

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
Kittens, or puppies, would be good. They're so soft. No chance of damaging your balls, there.
Of course, a puppy might jump on a fourteen-ball and gnaw on it for a while, the dirty little bastard. Or, a kitten might bat your eight-ball back and forth and scratch it, the little shit.
Screw 'em. Put a piece of carpet down in the return box and throw the kittens and puppies in a sack and toss their sorry asses over the side of a bridge. Good enough for 'em, I say.
Glad I could help. :thumbup:

nine o nine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I found some soft foam rubber/plastic sheet in my garage. Put it on the bottom and up the sides of the box. It's nearly silent now....the rubber coated gulleys are louder than the ball drop. Mitch