Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Possible fake Huebler on ebay
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Possible fake Huebler on ebay
Old
  (#1)
ctyhntr
RIP Kelly
ctyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Possible fake Huebler on ebay - 02-28-2011, 07:46 AM

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-HUEBLER-SNEA...item3365729d0f

Here is a picture of the shaft, and butt. Doesn't look like any Huebler that I've seen.

http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages/...0,0,0&format=0
Attached Images

My ego is writing checks that my stroke can't cash.

Old
  (#2)
ctyhntr
RIP Kelly
ctyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond repute

02-28-2011, 07:51 AM

For comparison, here a huebler sneaky (with collar).

http://cgi.ebay.com/Huebler-SNEAKY-P...item230e9c08c9

Old
  (#3)
Wheeljack
You Know It!
Wheeljack has a reputation beyond reputeWheeljack has a reputation beyond reputeWheeljack has a reputation beyond reputeWheeljack has a reputation beyond reputeWheeljack has a reputation beyond reputeWheeljack has a reputation beyond reputeWheeljack has a reputation beyond reputeWheeljack has a reputation beyond reputeWheeljack has a reputation beyond reputeWheeljack has a reputation beyond reputeWheeljack has a reputation beyond repute

02-28-2011, 09:16 AM

A good friend of mine had a cue exactly like this back in 95-96. I can't say if he bought it new or not, but it was the exact same style. I do not thik this is a fake.

A good player practices a shot until he can make it. A great player practices a shot until he cannot miss it.

Check out/comment on my shooting stroke video: http://http://forums.azbilliards.com...d.php?t=221574

"I've only got one problem ball on this table. That's the cue ball" - Wheeljack, 2010

Old
  (#4)
ctyhntr
RIP Kelly

02-28-2011, 09:31 AM

Unless there is a better picture of the shaft insert, it looks like a generic import sneaky Pete, than a Huebler that I've come across. Hate to see someone get ripped off.

Old
  (#5)
cuesblues
cue accumulator

cuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

02-28-2011, 09:36 AM

I used to have a Huebler sneaky that looked like that cue.
Same logo.

Old
  (#6)
david(tx)
AzB Silver Member
david(tx) has a reputation beyond reputedavid(tx) has a reputation beyond reputedavid(tx) has a reputation beyond reputedavid(tx) has a reputation beyond reputedavid(tx) has a reputation beyond reputedavid(tx) has a reputation beyond reputedavid(tx) has a reputation beyond reputedavid(tx) has a reputation beyond reputedavid(tx) has a reputation beyond reputedavid(tx) has a reputation beyond reputedavid(tx) has a reputation beyond repute

02-28-2011, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctyhntr View Post

Here is a picture of the shaft, and butt. Doesn't look like any Huebler that I've seen.

My Huebler sneaky has the same clear stick on label only it is a darker stain and it is harder to see . Bought it late 80's at Bowling and Billiards , Ross Ave. in Dallas .

Two of the points line up , the other two don't , never thought about it until i started reading the forums . It has the nylon insert that Huebler used . Maybe he had a helper the day mine was made

Old
  (#7)
manwon
"WARLOCK 1"
manwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

02-28-2011, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctyhntr View Post

I have never seen a Heubler Sneaky Pete with a Bumper like, in fact I have never seen a Heubler cue with a bumper like that. I was a dealer for Paul from 2002 until he closed down for good, I use to sell a large number of his Sneaky Pete cues in fact Paul use to sign them for me. Paul always used a Brown Bumper that was a Push in style and also secured with an allen head screw.

The butt decal on the cue looks right though so maybe they did use some like the bumper on the cue pictured in the ebay thread. To tell for certain it would be necessary to have the bumper removed so that the weight bolt can be seen. Heubler cues had a steel collar insert that reinforced the bottom of the butt of the cue from the inside, these inserts had center hole drilled through them and the cues weight bolt held them in place. Paul machined all these parts including the weight bolts and the bumpers in his shop.

Here are some photo's of the Butt insert, weight bolt, Bumper screw, and the bumper.

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 644
Size:  39.5 KB

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 637
Size:  66.3 KB

Is the cue a counter fit cue, I can't say for certain unless I can get a photo of the bottom of the cue with the bumper removed. It is possible that for some reason the bumper on the eBay cue was replaced for some reason, and I think that is the most likely answer to this question, I mean why would anyone want to counter fit a Heubler sneaky pete?

JIMO

Best Regards

"Warlock 1"

Craig W. Rittel

Old
  (#8)
cuesmith
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT!
cuesmith has a reputation beyond reputecuesmith has a reputation beyond reputecuesmith has a reputation beyond reputecuesmith has a reputation beyond reputecuesmith has a reputation beyond reputecuesmith has a reputation beyond reputecuesmith has a reputation beyond reputecuesmith has a reputation beyond reputecuesmith has a reputation beyond reputecuesmith has a reputation beyond reputecuesmith has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via Yahoo to cuesmith  
02-28-2011, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manwon View Post
I have never seen a Heubler Sneaky Pete with a Bumper like, in fact I have never seen a Heubler cue with a bumper like that. I was a dealer for Paul from 2002 until he closed down for good, I use to sell a large number of his Sneaky Pete cues in fact Paul use to sign them for me. Paul always used a Brown Bumper that was a Push in style and also secured with an allen head screw.

The butt decal on the cue looks right though so maybe they did use some like the bumper on the cue pictured in the ebay thread. To tell for certain it would be necessary to have the bumper removed so that the weight bolt can be seen. Heubler cues had a steel collar insert that reinforced the bottom of the butt of the cue from the inside, these inserts had center hole drilled through them and the cues weight bolt held them in place. Paul machined all these parts including the weight bolts and the bumpers in his shop.

Here are some photo's of the Butt insert, weight bolt, Bumper screw, and the bumper.

Attachment 172984

Attachment 172985

Is the cue a counter fit cue, I can't say for certain unless I can get a photo of the bottom of the cue with the bumper removed. It is possible that for some reason the bumper on the eBay cue was replaced for some reason, and I think that is the most likely answer to this question, I mean why would anyone want to counter fit a Heubler sneaky pete?

JIMO
I agree. Nothing against Huebler, Paul and his crew made a good cue, but it's just not the kind of thing that someone would counterfeit. It would be like counterfeiting nickels, more trouble than it's worth.

just more hot air!

Sherm

Sherm Custom Billiard Cues
cuesmith@ymail.com
Sort of retired!

Old
  (#9)
Highmiles
AzB Silver Member
Highmiles has a reputation beyond reputeHighmiles has a reputation beyond reputeHighmiles has a reputation beyond reputeHighmiles has a reputation beyond reputeHighmiles has a reputation beyond reputeHighmiles has a reputation beyond reputeHighmiles has a reputation beyond reputeHighmiles has a reputation beyond reputeHighmiles has a reputation beyond reputeHighmiles has a reputation beyond reputeHighmiles has a reputation beyond repute

02-28-2011, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuesmith View Post
I agree. Nothing against Huebler, Paul and his crew made a good cue, but it's just not the kind of thing that someone would counterfeit. It would be like counterfeiting nickels, more trouble than it's worth.
+1
Good observation.

Old
  (#10)
TSW
AzB Silver Member
TSW has a reputation beyond reputeTSW has a reputation beyond reputeTSW has a reputation beyond reputeTSW has a reputation beyond reputeTSW has a reputation beyond reputeTSW has a reputation beyond reputeTSW has a reputation beyond reputeTSW has a reputation beyond reputeTSW has a reputation beyond reputeTSW has a reputation beyond reputeTSW has a reputation beyond repute

02-28-2011, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuesmith View Post
Not for nothing...

http://www.numismaticenquirer.com/TN...%20Nickel.html

Old
  (#11)
david(tx)
AzB Silver Member
david(tx) has a reputation beyond reputedavid(tx) has a reputation beyond reputedavid(tx) has a reputation beyond reputedavid(tx) has a reputation beyond reputedavid(tx) has a reputation beyond reputedavid(tx) has a reputation beyond reputedavid(tx) has a reputation beyond reputedavid(tx) has a reputation beyond reputedavid(tx) has a reputation beyond reputedavid(tx) has a reputation beyond reputedavid(tx) has a reputation beyond repute

02-28-2011, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manwon View Post

Attachment 172984

Attachment 172985

JIMO

Mine is like that , the set screw i think is the star type not allen type , it holds the black bumper but the weight bolt is like the one in your picture , it is from about 89 .The bumper has a smaller push in cap that you can remove to access the set screw .

Old
  (#12)
u12armresl
One Pocket back cutter
u12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond repute

02-28-2011, 05:19 PM

Someone got promoted from chalkboard monitor to hall monitor.

Old
  (#13)
Scott Lee
AzB Silver Member

Scott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

02-28-2011, 05:29 PM

I don't know about the odd rubber bumpers, but Huebler made sneaky pete's with and without collars...just like Meucci and a few others.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

PBIA Master Instructor

Old
  (#14)
Rusty Melton
AzB Silver Member

Rusty Melton has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Melton has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Melton has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Melton has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Melton has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Melton has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Melton has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Melton has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Melton has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Melton has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Melton has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

02-28-2011, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Lee View Post
I don't know about the odd rubber bumpers, but Huebler made sneaky pete's with and without collars...just like Meucci and a few others.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com
I've never seen one with that bumper but everything else looks like a huebler. I've got one of them with joint collars and one without.

Old
  (#15)
Rivhardo
AzB Gold Member
Rivhardo has a reputation beyond reputeRivhardo has a reputation beyond reputeRivhardo has a reputation beyond reputeRivhardo has a reputation beyond reputeRivhardo has a reputation beyond reputeRivhardo has a reputation beyond reputeRivhardo has a reputation beyond reputeRivhardo has a reputation beyond reputeRivhardo has a reputation beyond reputeRivhardo has a reputation beyond reputeRivhardo has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

02-28-2011, 07:28 PM

I have a Huebler sneaky that looks just like this one including the bumper and name. I bought in about 1990. Nice cue.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: