Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Tournament Talk > US Open Championships
Reload this Page Congratulations to The Purdman
Page 2 of 3 12 3

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
jkjerry
AzB Silver Member
jkjerry has a reputation beyond reputejkjerry has a reputation beyond reputejkjerry has a reputation beyond reputejkjerry has a reputation beyond reputejkjerry has a reputation beyond reputejkjerry has a reputation beyond reputejkjerry has a reputation beyond reputejkjerry has a reputation beyond reputejkjerry has a reputation beyond reputejkjerry has a reputation beyond reputejkjerry has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

10-03-2006, 08:37 AM

Hey Purdman,

You seemed to be even more nervous than John. From what I could tell, you were always within earshot of a match but just could not stand to watch. Each time they ended, you were right there to shake John's hand though.

I agree with Timberly, you now know a bit of what it is like to be watching someone with whom you have an interest in. You may have had this before but I could see it down at the U.S. Open.

Sorry about the wife. You said so many nice things about her in our discussions at the tourny. I hope she is not serious.

All the best to you Purdman!!!

We look forward to sweating matches with you in the future.

Jerry

Name: Jerry
Cue: Tim Scruggs
BD Year: 1963
Hours of pool/week: 0 - 8

Old
  (#17)
Icon of Sin
Headphones Advocate!
Icon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 15960

10-03-2006, 08:46 AM

WOW, good for you Don!!!! Glad to see an AZer to John up on his offer and came out ahead. Very smart move on your part Don!

-H

Disclaimer:
I'm really a sh!t pool player and you probably shouldn't listen to any advice I may give.

Old
  (#18)
Purdman
Banned
Purdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

Thumbs up 10-03-2006, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icon of Sin
WOW, good for you Don!!!! Glad to see an AZer to John up on his offer and came out ahead. Very smart move on your part Don!
My friend Heath, SOMEBODY HAD TO DO IT!!! John is to good of a person to let a little change rob him of his place in history. It was my pleasure and I wouldn't have minded if we went 2 and out. I had a gut feeling about John and I was right. I didn't know who he was or how he played. It was the way he asked. From the heart buddy. That's what got him there.
Purdman

Old
  (#19)
Purdman
Banned
Purdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond repute

Thumbs up 10-03-2006, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkjerry
Hey Purdman,

You seemed to be even more nervous than John. From what I could tell, you were always within earshot of a match but just could not stand to watch. Each time they ended, you were right there to shake John's hand though.

I agree with Timberly, you now know a bit of what it is like to be watching someone with whom you have an interest in. You may have had this before but I could see it down at the U.S. Open.

Sorry about the wife. You said so many nice things about her in our discussions at the tourny. I hope she is not serious.

All the best to you Purdman!!!

We look forward to sweating matches with you in the future.

Jerry
Whatever is suposed to be will be Jerry. That's the man upstairs call. I know I have done the best I could. I will spend the rest of my life trying to be the best person I can be. I am not perfect by any strech buddy, but I am giving it my best shot.
It was sweating with ya. I belonged out side in the hall.
Shake his hand, hell, I kissed him once before the win!!!
Purdman
Now she is gonna read this and think I am a little light in the loafers! What ya gonna do buddy!!!
NOT THAT THERE IS ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT!

Old
  (#20)
Hambone
AzB Silver Member
Hambone has a reputation beyond reputeHambone has a reputation beyond reputeHambone has a reputation beyond reputeHambone has a reputation beyond reputeHambone has a reputation beyond reputeHambone has a reputation beyond reputeHambone has a reputation beyond reputeHambone has a reputation beyond reputeHambone has a reputation beyond reputeHambone has a reputation beyond reputeHambone has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 39128

10-03-2006, 09:19 AM

Congratulations to Purdman and John. Good things happen to good people and I belive you still have more coming your way. If you make it back down south dont be a stranger and give me a call.

Old
  (#21)
Dogwindy
Registered
Dogwindy is on a distinguished road

vCash: 500

10-08-2006, 11:59 AM

Hey Purdman and John, just want to say congratulations on an awesome achievement.

Old
  (#22)
Timberly

vCash:

10-08-2006, 12:40 PM

Just going through my pics and found this one of Purdman getting his first chance to shake John's hand after he won. (Sorry about the quality. I forget to set the quality higher when I changed batteries in the camera)
Attached Images

Old
  (#23)
Wally in Cincy
AzB Silver Member
Wally in Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeWally in Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeWally in Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeWally in Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeWally in Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeWally in Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeWally in Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeWally in Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeWally in Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeWally in Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeWally in Cincy has a reputation beyond repute

10-08-2006, 06:15 PM

Awesome pic Timberly, couple of happy campers there

Wally in Cincy

Old
  (#24)
Purdman
Banned

Thumbs up 10-08-2006, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally in Cincy
Awesome pic Timberly, couple of happy campers there
I am glad for the poor quality. You couldn't see my tears of joy. I was very proud of John. He is on his way now. Our very own Az forum member US Open Champion. Unbelievable man!!!!
Purdman
Thanks, Timberly.

Old
  (#25)
bandido
Player Power!
bandido has a reputation beyond reputebandido has a reputation beyond reputebandido has a reputation beyond reputebandido has a reputation beyond reputebandido has a reputation beyond reputebandido has a reputation beyond reputebandido has a reputation beyond reputebandido has a reputation beyond reputebandido has a reputation beyond reputebandido has a reputation beyond reputebandido has a reputation beyond repute

10-08-2006, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purdman
I am glad for the poor quality. You couldn't see my tears of joy. I was very proud of John. He is on his way now. Our very own Az forum member US Open Champion. Unbelievable man!!!!
Purdman
Thanks, Timberly.
Great photo, got teary eyed happy for the two of you! Are you coming to Manila with John?

BMPAP Player Power!!!!

Old
  (#26)
Purdman
Banned

Thumbs up 10-09-2006, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandido
Great photo, got teary eyed happy for the two of you! Are you coming to Manila with John?

Man, I wish I could! I have a full time job for a great company. I put in my 40 just like everyone else and enjoy it. I honestly don't believe that my $1,300 stake entitles me to any more than I have recieved. I got some cash, had the best experience of my life, made some wonderful friends and found myself. That's plenty for me Edwin. Johns the man, and I wish him much success.
Purdman

Old
  (#27)
bandido
Player Power!
bandido has a reputation beyond reputebandido has a reputation beyond reputebandido has a reputation beyond reputebandido has a reputation beyond reputebandido has a reputation beyond reputebandido has a reputation beyond reputebandido has a reputation beyond reputebandido has a reputation beyond reputebandido has a reputation beyond reputebandido has a reputation beyond reputebandido has a reputation beyond repute

10-09-2006, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purdman
Man, I wish I could! I have a full time job for a great company. I put in my 40 just like everyone else and enjoy it. I honestly don't believe that my $1,300 stake entitles me to any more than I have recieved. I got some cash, had the best experience of my life, made some wonderful friends and found myself. That's plenty for me Edwin. Johns the man, and I wish him much success.
Purdman
Didn't mean to come across that way Purdy. More referring to the lucky combination! I'll try and keep him safe here. We will be staying at the Ambassador Hotel if he cares to join us.

BMPAP Player Power!!!!

Old
  (#28)
Purdman
Banned

Thumbs up 10-09-2006, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandido
Didn't mean to come across that way Purdy. More referring to the lucky combination! I'll try and keep him safe here. We will be staying at the Ambassador Hotel if he cares to join us.

I didn't take it the wrong way Edwin. I wish I could get over there and watch the tournament. You best believe it buddy! I will be sending my positive energy everyday. John can do it! Nice to hear from ya my friend.
Purdman

Respect for the Purdman
Old
  (#29)
Drawman623
Box Cue lover
Drawman623 has a reputation beyond reputeDrawman623 has a reputation beyond reputeDrawman623 has a reputation beyond reputeDrawman623 has a reputation beyond reputeDrawman623 has a reputation beyond reputeDrawman623 has a reputation beyond reputeDrawman623 has a reputation beyond reputeDrawman623 has a reputation beyond reputeDrawman623 has a reputation beyond reputeDrawman623 has a reputation beyond reputeDrawman623 has a reputation beyond repute

Respect for the Purdman - 09-12-2007, 06:48 PM

It was a pleasure watching you sweat! Never a criticism and always behind your player...you gave without expectation and shared generously. Thanks for making my 06 vaca the best yet. See you in October.

Old
  (#30)
Purdman
Banned

09-19-2007, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drawman623
It was a pleasure watching you sweat! Never a criticism and always behind your player...you gave without expectation and shared generously. Thanks for making my 06 vaca the best yet. See you in October.

Thanks my friend. I had a great time hanging with you and am greatful for your generosity. See you in October buddy.
Don

Page 2 of 3 12 3

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: